973Vicariate Newsletter May 25-31, 2014

  • vicariatenews
    May 25, 2014
      Vicariate Web-site  |  Contact Details  |   Newsletter Archives
      NEWSLETTER : MAY 25-31, 2014
        CHURCH ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THIS WEEK :

      1. On 30th May, Friday, the 8:00 and 9:15 am. Masses will be in the Holy Family Hall. It will also be transmitted to the Virgin Mary Hall. In the Cathedral, the Confirmation Mass will be at 8:00 am. There will be no Catechism Classes on May 30th.

      2. On 31st May, Saturday, after the 6:30 pm. Mass at Bahrain, the Blessing of the Foundation Stone for the New Our Lady of Arabia Cathedral will be held.

      3. On May 31st Saturday, after the 6:30 pm. English Mass, at the Grotto, there will be the Holy Rosary followed by the Singing of the Latin Litany. This Celebration will be organized by the Choir of Sts. Joachim and Anne. Please do come to honour Our Lady.

      4. All are requested to keep clean and tidy the Cathedral and the Entire Complex. This is the ‘Year of the Church’.

      5. 1st June will be the Solemnity of the Ascension of Our Lord. The last day for the Catechism Classes will be the 6th of June.

      6. The Retreat for the children will be held from 23rd to 26th June from 9:00 am to 2;00 pm. for the children who are attending the Catechism Classes in Year 3 and up to Year 11. The other children from our Parish can also attend. Please register at the Parish Office.

      KINDLY NOTE:

      1. The address of our new web-site: www.avona.org.
      2. Ahmadi, Salmiya and Abbasiya Parish Notices are here:
      http://www.avona.org/kuwait/notices.htm
      3. Click here to send your Night Vigil prayer requests:
      http://www.avona.org/kuwait/prayer_request.htm

        LITURGICAL CELEBRATIONS DURING THIS WEEK :

      MAY 26, 2014 - St. Philip Neri, Priest
      MAY 27, 2014 - St. Augustine of Canterbury, Bishop
      MAY 31, 2014 - The Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary

        REFLECTION:
      REPENTANCE

      Jesus began his ministry by proclaiming that God was establishing his promised kingdom of justice and peace and would rule over his people (Mat.4:17). The old order of sin was finished: a new order of grace was being established (1 Cor.5:17). Therefore, all needed to repent.

      Under the old order of sin we are sinners from birth. Sin dwells intimately in us and we are under its power. But God has established a new order of grace and holiness. He calls men and women into a new relationship, into communion with himself. Initially, our response to God's call must be one of true conversion of mind and heart. Thereafter, we must keep alive our conversion by maintaning a repentant attitude throughout our lives.

      Repentance means to turn away from all that is bad and turn towards God, seeking to do his will. Conversion is a new orientation of one's whole being and a change of conduct. Sinful behavior according to the old sinful order is not acceptable to God. He calls us to a new order of grace, to a new way of behaving. He calls us to become perfect and blameless, so that through our communion with our heavenly Father we may reflect the one who is perfect.

      Jesus came to call sinners to conversion. Only when we have become aware of our sinful state can we turn confidently to Jesus knowing that he has the power both to forgive our sin, removing its burden, and to impart his Spirit, empowering us to live a life turned towards God, pleasing him and producing the fruit of righteousness.

      Until we recognize our need for conversion, for interior change - that is, until we honestly acknowledge our sinfulness and our need to turn away from our sin - we will not experience the Spirit's power to change our lives through forgiveness, healing and empowerment. Here lies the weakness of much church life today. That is why Jesus calls us to repent. He knows that without repentence God's kingdom cannot come - his reign cannot be established in his people's hearts.

      Lord Jesus, by the power of your Holy Spirit give us the courage to face, overcome and conquer our sin so that God's kingdom may be more perfectly established in our hearts.

      QUICK LINKS

      Please bear with us as many links on our new web-site have still to be updated. Thank You.

      The Church in Kuwait
      is part of the Apostolic Vicariate of Northern Arabia.

      Mass Timings
      Liturgical & Other Schedules for the Parishes.

      Prayer Request
      Send a Petition
      to be be prayed for
      at the Night Vigil.

      Parish Notices
      General Vicariate & Parish Notices are
      updated regularly.

      F. A. Q.
      Frequently Asked Questions in the Vicariate Ap. of Kuwait.

      Ask the Bishop
      Bishop Camillo Ballin welcomes your ques- tions on the Catholic Faith, Morality, Vocations, etc ...

      Bishop's Answers
      Bishop Camillo Ballin answers questions
      from the faithful ..

      Visit the web-site everyday for your Daily Devotionals
      Daily Mass Readings
      Daily Meditation
      Daily Rosary
      Saint of the Day
      Catholic Almanac
      Catholic News

      Awaken to Prayer
      A Collection of
      Prayers, Litanies,
      Novenas for your
      Private Devotion.

      Faith Matters
      Enrich your Faith by learning more about what the Church teaches.

      © Official Newsletter of the Catholic Church in Kuwait. All Rights Reserved.
      Please send all notifications to:- The Moderator (Charles Machado) vicariatenews@...