Re: [vfm] We have some new B-17 radio equipment!

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hey Dean, thanks for securing this equipment. I know many people will appreciate being able to see it. Also, get me a list of anything else you know of that we need and I'll be on the lookout for them.
      John Frazier

      fixing2@... wrote:
      A big THANK YOU TO Mr. Jim Bane and JEVIC Transportation! !!

      You should consider offering Jim a ride sometimes aboard "Chukie" VFM
      B-17G as a token you our appreciation.

      John Faulk

    • Katherine Crognale
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
        Dean,
        I'm sure you know that James Kelly is an avid ham radio operator. You might
        check with him. He doesn't get on the Yahoo chat net, so he may not know
        about your progress. I've tried to concetrate the radio gear in the "Bomber
        Room" - that's what I call the hall between the hangar and the Briefing
        Room. If it doesn't fit in the current cabinet, we can rethink (& rearrange
        the displays).
        Kate (XYL to KC2TU)

      • Juan Jimenez
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
          Does anyone here know of an outfit or person who can figure out how to put a Rutan Variviggen and a LongEZ into a 40 or longer high cube shipping container? I understand it can be done if you tilt the aircraft to the side so that the strakes will fit diagonally, in a frame with a support sling.

          Juan
        • Steve Ruse
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
            Juan,

            There is a Canard (primarily Long EZ/Vari EZ) mailing list at:

            I'm sure someone there can give you some great pointers on shipping a
            Long EZ or VariViggen. Where are they going to & from?

            Steve Ruse
            Norman, OK

          • bd5@bd5.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
              I know about them, just thought I'd ask here. Boston to Denmark.

              Juan

            • l19lawson@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
                The most knowledgeable person on that plane other than Bert Rutan is Steve Wright of Nashville,Tn.
              • Juan Jimenez
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
                  Any chance of a number or email address?

                  The most knowledgeable person on that plane other than Bert Rutan is Steve Wright of Nashville,Tn.