Help Wanted - 23rd Annual Big Band Hangar Dance

  • James
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2013
      The 23rd annual Big Band Hangar Dance is just a few weeks away on Saturday, October 5!  Making such an incredible event a success requires a lot of effort, and we're still looking for volunteers to help.  There are many ways you can help.
      How to Help
      ·         Contribute to the silent auction.  You've seen a message or two about the auction - it's an important part of making the overall dance experience for participants! (call the museum at 817-624-1935 to learn more)
      ·         Help prepare for the event (Email Bill Gorin at bill.gorin@...):
      o   Hangar Preparation in the weeks leading up the dance (Schedule below)
      o   Hangar set up on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday before the dance
      ·         Volunteer to help the night of the event (Email Bill Gorin at bill.gorin@...):
      o   Ticket sales/will call
      o   Golf cart drivers
      o   PX sales
      o   Restroom paper stocking
      o   Trash pick up

      Dance Preparation Schedule
      Can't be there for the dance?  There is a lot to be done – and we could use your help preparing.
      ·         Sept 14-15: General hangar cleanup
      ·         Sept 21-22: Bring stage, tables and chairs out of the North hangar to the main hangar
      ·         Sept 28-29: Move everything off the hangar floor except for the aircraft, tables and chairs and anything else that is needed for the dance. (Tool boxes, parts racks, jacks etc.)
      ·         Wed Oct 2: (Late afternoon or evening) Weather permitting, move all of the aircraft out of the hangar and position the "backdrop airplane" in the back of the hangar.
      ·         Thurs Oct 3: Clean hangar floor, set up tables, chairs and stage
      ·         Fri Oct 4: Crowd pleaser arrives, set up spot light and sound system
      ·         Sat Oct 5 am: Set up Silent Auction, PX, and miscellaneous.
       We'd like to say a sincere "thank you" to those who have already signed up to help.  We appreciate all of our volunteers!  We couldn't make this event happen without you.
    • Wanda Goodwin
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6, 2013
      James,
           Attending one of your hanger dances is on my bucket list. Until then, and in an effort to market my father's book to your museum, I would like to send a few free copies to you. If appropriate, you could put one in the silent auction and sell the rest at the PX store during the dance. They are all autographed and dated. It's also an award winner with the gold sticker on the cover. Last Roll Call - The Adventure of a B-17 Tailgunner sells well at several warbird museums including the Yankee Air Museum. I've attached a copy of the front cover. You can visit the website at www.lastrollcall.net to find out more and to read several great reviews. Wish I was closer. I would be there helping out and looking forward to the dance.

      Wanda Goodwin
      co-author Last Roll Call
      The Adventure of a B-17 Tailgunner
      850-624-8081