Re: [vfm] CH-21B "Shaky Magoo" Restoration Planning Meeting Wrap-Up

  • Patsy Hocker
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2013
      Bill - sounds like a good start. Tell us what a tube  (or tire) cost, and our members could donate the money. I think I can pay for a tube and surely we could all go together and donate enough for the other tires and tubes this month or next.  Jim hocker

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 23, 2013, at 9:52 PM, "Bill" <bill.gorin@...> wrote:

      For those who were not able to make it to today's meeting, here is a summary of what took place.

      • We reviewed the attached project plan and did not have any major changes to it.
      • Ken Robinson donated an 8.50 x 10 nose tire (the book says it's supposed to be 7.50x10 – but this will work)
      • Charlie is going to check with a local supplier for main tires and tubes.
      • We discussed different ways to recruit sponsors
      • Next Saturday's tasks will be to start Phase One and begin cleaning and install tires if able.

      Things we need:
      • Shelving for parts (preferably on casters)
      • Cloth parts bags with tags
      • Dust masks
      • Inner tubes for nose and main tires
      o Nose: 8.50 x 10
      o Mains: 24 x 7.7 (2 each)

      If you can help out with any of the above items please let me know. You can also make a donation via PayPal on the museum website - just put CH-21B in the commments or mail a check to the museum and put CH-21B on the memo line.

      We will be working each Saturday and Sunday unless otherwise noted. We typically are there during museum hours (Sat 9-5 and Sun 12-5), it's not uncommon for me to be there on Sundays earlier around 9:30 or 10am.

      If you would like to come out and help, please do! No experience necessary, there are jobs for all skill levels!

      Thanks everyone for your support!

      Bill Gorin
      VFM Chief of Maintenance