Piasecki CH-21B "Shaky Magoo" Project Planning Meeting

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 16, 2013

      Everyone,
      We will be having Project Planning meeting with anyone and everyone who would like to help out in the restoration of CH-21B "Shaky Magoo". The meeting will be next Saturday Feb. 23rd at 2 pm at the museum. We will go over the project plan and add, remove and modify items as needed and then start assigning people to certain tasks. If you are able to attend, please email me at bill.gorin@...
      One of the first big things we need are tires so that we can tow it inside the hangar to work on it:
      • Nose: 7.50 x 10, 6 ply
      • Main: 24 x 7.7, 10 ply

      The main tires are pretty common, however the nose tires are not commonly used anymore. I did find them new for anywhere from $250-$400+ for a single tire. That's more than we can afford to spend on a static display (unless someone wants to write the check). The tires don't have to be new, just able to hold air.

      Thank all of you for all of your help and support!
      Bill Gorin
      VFM Chief of Maintenance