Defender update

  • paraplanemike@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 25, 2012
      Hello All,

         We have cut the left rear spar as the male part of a fishmouth joint. Thanks to Pete Plumb for all the advice. Thanks to Barry Young for helping with the cuts. Next we cut the female new wood for the spar tip.
      Thanks,
      Mike
    • Mike Tolfa
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 24, 2013
      Hi All,

      Drilled and trimmed (finished) the front spar tip template.
      Verified all Front Spar Tip Template Dimensions
      Verified all Rear Spar Tip Template Dimensions
      Discussed Front Spar repair with regard to prior repair
      Sanded epoxy overages
      Removed, tagged and bagged Left outer compression Rib

      Jade Xay, Andrew Gabel, Daniel Urbanksi and Jim McKnight really pitched in to get here

      thanks,
      Mike
    • Mike Tolfa
      Message 3 of 6 , Aug 31, 2013
      Hello All.

      It has been a while since our last defender update.
      We had two new volunteers Andie MacDowell and Zach Stanley who did a great job on reshaping and varnishing the tips of the left wing. Thanks to Bob Roth and Bill Gorin for providing tools and varnish.

      Come out and have fun with us on the defender

      Mike
    • Mike Tolfa
      Message 4 of 6 , Sep 15, 2013
      Hello All,

      Still moving along. Leo Clevenger and I made a repair doubler for the Left outboard rib. Ray of the A-26K group was very helpful in teaching us how to use the shear. Come out and help on the defender!

      Mike