B-17 Arrival and Ride Information!

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 3, 2011

      We have heard from the folks up at the Military Aviation Museum and the B-17 will be departing Virginia headed for Fort Worth on Monday the  10th.  We don't have a firm arrival time, but we can say that we expect that it will be arriving late Monday afternoon.  She will be parked in the usual place in the hangar for the dance.  Following the dance she will depart for once again for Virginia either on Sunday or Monday.

      I realize that this is short notice, however there are two seats available only to VFM museum members only on the trip 6-7 hour down from Virginia as well as on the return trip.  All that is asked is that you make a donation to the VFM, the suggested donation is $450.00.  While this may seem like a lot of money, this is the same that we used to charge for a 30 minute ride on the B-17 and your ride will last at least 6 hours!  This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Passengers are responsible for making thier own travel arrangements to get to Virginia or to get back home from Virginia.  Again, it will be departing Virginia Beach on Monday (probably as early as possible).  The return trip to Virginia Beach is still to be determined, but will probably be either Sunday morning after the dance or the following Monday morning.  Potential passengers need to be prepared to spend 6 to 7 hours straight in a B-17 with limited or no restroom facilities and probably in some cold temperatures.  Most likely it will be a non-stop trip each way depending on winds and weather.  To reserve your seat or for more information please contact Chuckie at vfm@....  She can give you all the information you need on how to get the most out of your experience!  Passengers are required to be members of the Vintage Flying Museum.

      Like I said, I will post more information as it becomes available.

      Bill

    • Moya Morland

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2011

          Good news Bill. I plan on being at the VFM on Monday  (10/10) to help. I can also be around on Sunday or Monday again to help out.

          Alan Hewlett

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 9, 2011

            Hi Bill!!

            Are things still on schedule for Chuckie’s arrival at the VFM tomorrow (Monday)? Any more specifics as to what time she may get in?

            Thanks!!

            Alan