[vfm] Re: toy B-17

  • Jim Hodgson
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2000
      Hi Terry,

          I have a catalog of the Tailwinds airplanes, in addition to the B-17 you have, they also have a silver & red and a green & yellow F-15, a brown & red F4U a black & green B-25 and a P-47 with the stars and bars on the wings parallel to the fuselage.  Suffice it to say I thing a lot of artistic license was taken with these toys, with almost no regard to accuracy.

      Cheers,

      Jim Hodgson
      Your friendly VFM PX manager

      Terry M wrote:

      A friend recently gave me a small die-cast metal model of a B-17G under
      brand name of Tailwinds distributed by Maisto.  Normally these toys are
      based on actual planes but this one has me puzzled.  It is painted all
      black with a WF on tail and the number 19 on wings with US symbol on
      fuselage.  Obviously a plane with this color scheme would have been
      used for night operations (pathfinder perhaps) but in the books I have,
      can find nothing about such a plane.  Can someone help me out here?  I
      would certainly appreciate it.

      Britney? Limp Bizkit? Christina? Who will win the Grammys???????
      Guess the winners and you could win a FREE MP3 Player! from AWZ.com!
      Click Here!
      http://click.egroups.com/1/1769/0/_/67569/_/950944074/

      -- Create a poll/survey for your group!
      -- http://www.egroups.com/vote?listname=vfm&m=1

      --
      Jim Hodgson
      Aviation Collectibles of Texas

    • RNflys2@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 3, 2000
        In a message dated 03/03/2000 12:27:35 AM Central Standard Time,
        txavi8or@... writes:

        << a black & green B-25 >>

        Where can I get this one?

        Melanie
      • Jim Hodgson
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2000
          Hi Melanie,

              We will have some in the gift shop soon.

          Cheers,

          Jim Hodgson

          RNflys2@... wrote:

          In a message dated 03/03/2000 12:27:35 AM Central Standard Time,
          txavi8or@... writes:

          << a black & green B-25 >>

          Where can I get this one?

          Melanie

          Planning a party? iParty.com is your complete source for party planning and
          supplies, with everything you need to throw the perfect party!
          http://click.egroups.com/1/1635/0/_/67569/_/952108038/

          -- http://www.egroups.com/cal?listname=vfm&m=1