Feres Doctrine? Do you want it gone?

  • us-army-war-vet
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 6:35 AM
      Fast Attack Web Page: http://home.att.net/~verpa VERPA Mission USA

      ####### Insert ########
      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject: Feres Doctrine? Do you want it gone?
      Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 13:20:27 -0600
      From: tom segel <tomsegel@...

      I have received numerous requests from the military community to
      do some
      commentary on the Feres Doctrine. At this time I am in a quiet
      time
      while I am researching and collecting materials for some magazine
      features. I also completed my Leatherneck feature on deadline....so, I
      have some time to devote to this topic.

      You know my style by now. I try to put a human face on issues. So, if
      you have been boxed in by the Feres Doctrine and have a story to
      tell.....send it to me. Remember to keep it concise. We need to
      address your particular issue in a paragraph or two. I also know you
      attorneys out there would like to see the Feres Doctrine gone. Perhaps
      you can explain to me why it is bad legislation.

      If by some chance there is a person out there who feels Feres is a "good
      thing", I'd like to hear from you and include your remarks in the mix.

      I will await input.

      Semper Fidelis,

      Tom Segel