[veterans] Re: US Senators

  • susan vehue
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 30, 1999
      I talked to the senators helpers they got infor. for me up here in Maine.   Ask questions when there's a group listening they have to listen. They are cutting 80 jobs at Togus VA hospital we are losing the battle!!!!!! I had a 2507 July 1st. the rating board decides Dec.it supposed to take 90 days.
                                                                     Good Luck
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 3, 1999
        hi, this is char in ft. worth, tx., and I would like to hear from anybody about why the Veterans can't get the good or better meds that anybody else can get. My husband has copd and our SSD does not cover any meds so he goes to the va hospital sometime to get them. He went yesterday, and out of 10 prescriptions he takes , there was only 3 that they had. the reason he does'nt have a supplement for script's is because he is only 57, and won't be eligible for any til  he's 65.He is on SSd right now,transfering to medicare in Nov. of 2000 i know of other vets with the same complaint, right herein our small hometown. I think this is a national outrage, that people who laid their life down for their country, can;t even get good or better meds when they are needed. Is there any kind of group who fight's this ? any opinions on this matter would be appreciated. Thanks, char
        p.s. I know we are in the minority because of the early age of his disability, and having been self employed for  years, we don;t hve any big company insurance. Thanks, again,,,,,,

        eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/veterans

      • BOBN927@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 1999
          to:first state that all senators are not alike is a given. you must not let
          up until you
          have used all of your resources. Every V.A. has an AMVETS National Service
          Officer that we AMVETS have employed to handle Veterans cases and provide
          real time answers to your questions. Our NSO's are the best in the business,
          they
          damn well better be because we have equipped them with knowledge that is up
          the minute and the computers to make it happen. So please contact the
          AMVETS NSO at your V.A. I am non-serviceconnected myself and I am in the
          Primary Blue Clinic program at my V.A. in Jackson, Miss. I receive all my meds
          and our med staff here is second to none. You probably will have to ask for an
          appointment to the Health Assessment Clinic, to get evaluated as to which
          program
          you qualify for. Primary Green is for combat-connected Veterans. Primary Blue
          is for non-service-conected Veterans, Primary Purple is Mental Health Clinic
          etc.