Re:Marine praised by Bush won't get Medal of Honor

  • a Veterans Rights Activist
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 21, 2008
      I see no problem with this honorable Marine being awarded the Navy Cross,...

      however; he should also be awarded both the Medal of Honor AND the Purple Heart!

      Regardless of the specifics of the issues, this Marine was wounded in action and therefore qualifies for the Purple Heart, the Marine did exibit "personal bravery" and "risk of his life" to save the lives of his fellow soldiers and therefore qualifies for the Medal of Honor, and the Marine did exibit "extraordinary heroism" in action above and beyond the call of duty and in the highest traditions of the Navy thereby qualifying for the Navy Cross.

      The Purple Heart and the Navy Cross can be awarded by the Department of the Navy, the Medal of Honor must be awarded by Congress with recommendation by the Navy.

      I'm a Veteran of USAF service, and it is my humble opinion that this particular Marine has qualified for, and should be honored with, award of all three medals.

      THIS, is a matter of the honor of the United States Navy - not that of the Marine - he has shown his honor and character!

      Will the US Navy - or will it not - honor its own traditions and rules!

      (All herein are personal opinion, I am not a licensed Doctor or Lawyer.)
      Gary Kendall: disabled USAF Veteran; Constitutionalist; Veterans'/citizens' rights activist; US recognized/registered Sovereign, independent entity.
      "For any/all Corporate Agents/informants/investigators et. al. working in collusion, monitoring my mail and any other communications without my permission."
      "I sui juris, a republic of Vermont - or any place in which I may be - National American Sovereign neutral non-combatant by law, declare to all Corporate combatant FEDERAL and/or STATE Agents and/or 3rd parties that I am not a Corporation and/or UNITED STATES/STATE Created Fiction and I am accepting all Oaths and Affirmations declared Under Penalties of Perjury "so help me God" and returning any/all actions from the same being brought/sought against me for want of Geographical Jurisdiction and Venue."

    • tack1@flash.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2008
        There's a lot of information we aren't privy too. Before I would ask for the Medal Of Honor to be awarded, I would have to hear all of the testimony, see the pictures/layout of the scene of action, and see the autopsy report. I believe that a lot of weight was given to the head wound, which was determined to be so severe that it was highly unlikely the Marine was cognizant enough to have a conscious will to what he did with the grenade. I wish that I could see the information; some of what's going on concerning this case doesn't make sense.