VS5 clutch plates?

  • Keith Weaver
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 11:22 PM
      The shop I've been dealing with sent me cork plates with the tabs on the
      outside, but my clutch has cork plates with the inner spline. Then they sent
      me some of the right design, but they're too small. They tell me they don't
      have any other types of plates and that I should just swap out my metal
      plates also and go with the P style plates. Will this work, or do I need to
      find a more knowledgeable shop? When I look at the parts diagram for my
      bike, it shows the setup I have now, so I don't know who to listen to.

    • Dongen, E.H.P. van
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2 11:27 PM
        Me and some of my mates have been using P200 cluchplates (the sport-type,
        also 4 plates) with sport springs for quite some time now in several GS150
        engines without problems. It never slips and engages very smooth. So, no
        problem at all!

        Best wishes from Holland,
        Erik

        The shop I've been dealing with sent me cork plates with the tabs on the
        outside, but my clutch has cork plates with the inner spline. Then they sent

        me some of the right design, but they're too small. They tell me they don't
        have any other types of plates and that I should just swap out my metal
        plates also and go with the P style plates. Will this work, or do I need to
        find a more knowledgeable shop? When I look at the parts diagram for my
        bike, it shows the setup I have now, so I don't know who to listen to.

        <http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail>

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3115308.4434529.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=17050160
        61:HM/A=1457554/R=0/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyuiwabei>