- New Members
- New Messages
- New Photos
- developing good dental health habits in young children.
- tips & tricks to make dental hygiene fun(or at least not a horrible daily struggle!)
- choosing child-friendly and child/parent-respectful dental health practitioners.
- what to do when things go wrong: dealing with decay,cavities or disease after they've occured.
- where/how to get work done - anesthesia choices, pull vs. crown/cap. Implications for speech development, confidence, trust in dentists, further damage, further treatment.
- supporting children through procedures, to minimize anxiety & pain for both children and parents.
- supporting breastfeeding despite ignorance from breastfeeding un-informed health professionals.
- the impact of not breastfeeding on short and long term dental health (caries, jaw and facial development, teeth alignment, speech development)
- supporting attachment parenting through dental procedures.
- sharing resources.
This list is a spin-off from a breastfeeding and attachment parenting list, so breastfeeding beyond a few months is accepted as the norm, and gentle and respectful parenting is the goal. Persons who have not breastfed are welcome, but should understand and respect that breastfeeding for months and years is the perspective this list is based on.
This list shares personal experience and information only and should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and information shared are the views of the each individual member, and do not reflect the views or policy of the listowner or the list itself.
- Sep 2, 2004
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages are not moderated.
- All members can post messages.