Re: What's your veiwpoint?

  • canadakicksice
    Message 1 of 526 , Feb 1, 2000
      I find that you not supporting the Senators
      request for tax breaks by the feds very interesting in
      light of how very, very important hockey is to every
      Canadian. To me, your country losing hockey would be like
      the U.S. losing its native sport of Baseball.(even
      though I think Baseball is mostly a big yawn.)<br>I
      really hate to see any more teams move across the
      border. I wish that the Canadian government could see its
      way to offer tax breaks to not only the NHL teams,
      but perhaps to other corporations which would spur
      creation of more jobs, and in the long run, create more
      taxes paid in.<br>To your point of NHL players making
      enough. They are still far, far below players of other
      major sports who truly are grossly overpaid. So, I
      believe that what they are paid at the present is great
      and there should be more done in other sports to end
      the escalation of player salaries.<br>I like the fact
      that the Senators are standing their ground against
      Alexi Yashin's demands for more money.<br>This whole
      argument for or against tax breaks for NHL teams may be a
      regional thing. I see support for it in central and
      eastern Canada but not in western provinces.
    • nicky_14.geo
      Message 526 of 526 , Mar 5, 2000
        Awesome game! But I couldn't believe the PG goalie, going after Kinger like that.But, Chris didn't want to fight.What a gentleman!