RE: [velodrome] velo update

  • Tom Ferstle
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 1999
      LG:
      His name is Heinz Prechter.
      He is Chairman and Founder.
      The company is no longer call American Sunroof.
      Now is "ASC Incorporated" (since they do much more than sunroofs).
      CEO is Lawrence Doyle.
      "World Heritage Foundation" is their giving source.
      I'm still trying to locate a contact person for donations/sponsorships.
      Tom Ferstle (313-389-7540)

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
[...]

        Home: (248) 541-8019 <leonardo@...>
        Work: (810) 756-7856 <bzn21z@...>
        For velodrome information visit:http://www.lmb.org/velo
      • Scott, Todd
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
          > The construction site has been surveyed & staked out, but the
          > weather is not cooperating as the site is still a little wet.
          > For those of you who wish to help out with digging the
          > foundations, this weekend might be the time.
          I would suggest for future notes that you give a few more
          specifics, e.g. a contact, date, time. If we don't know
          these things, can they call the Wolverine hotline or WaHu?

          BTW, the cyclocross state championships are this Sunday at
          Bloomer from 11am until 3pm. We might be able to corral
          some racers after the race and get some free labor. I plan
          on being there.

          > This winter I will be traveling around & speaking at various
          > banquets. If you would like me to show up at your banquet,
          > talk about the velodrome, & show an exciting video, please
          > respond.
          The statewide MMBA Annual Meeting is February 4th (I'm fairly
          certain.) It's at Springfield Oaks County Park near Davisburg.
          You're welcome to setup a table or booth and give a little
          velo-intro. I should have a TV/VCR combo which we could use
          to play the video throughout the day. I'll have more info as
          the date draws near.

          Todd
        • mariejmac@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
            ciao Leonardo!

            I don't know if I'd qualify to ask for the GM volunteer thing; CE is a GM agency, which entitles us to a supplier discount on vehicles. How can I find out more?
          • hippster
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
              Leoardo,

              I am unaware of this "GM Volunteer Plus Program". Retires are sort of out
              of the loop and away from the mother ship General Motors. So, if you have
              any info on how we can participate and if we can participate please let us
              know.

              David Hipp

            • Marispot@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
                While I haven't been in contact with Heinz in two years, I do know him
                personally.  Give me a call at home  810 979-8303   or work  313 961-0200  x=
                4353.

                Mary Ellen Szpotek

              • Thomas J Hill
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
                  Son,

                  So how do us GM retirees get GM to donate 250 dollars to the Velodrome
                  project?

                  Perhaps in the next newsletter you could republish a list of major
                  contributors. that is if the information is available and the list is not
                  too long.

                  Dad
                • Bill & Julie Windhorst
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
                    Todd: I can plan on showing up to help. I'll contact some of the others
                    who helped last time.

                    I am also going to contact our club GM employees about Leonardos'
                    information for funds. I know of at least 3. I have also another idea about
                    reaching more but I'll have to check into that. Our meeting is Monday.

                    Later

                    "Scott, Todd" wrote:

                    > > The construction site has been surveyed & staked out, but the
                    > > weather is not cooperating as the site is still a little wet.
                    > > For those of you who wish to help out with digging the
                    > > foundations, this weekend might be the time.
                    > I would suggest for future notes that you give a few more
                    > specifics, e.g. a contact, date, time. If we don't know
                    > these things, can they call the Wolverine hotline or WaHu?
                    >
                    > BTW, the cyclocross state championships are this Sunday at
                    > Bloomer from 11am until 3pm. We might be able to corral
                    > some racers after the race and get some free labor. I plan
                    > on being there.
                    >
                    > > This winter I will be traveling around & speaking at various
                    > > banquets. If you would like me to show up at your banquet,
                    > > talk about the velodrome, & show an exciting video, please
                    > > respond.
                    > The statewide MMBA Annual Meeting is February 4th (I'm fairly
                    > certain.) It's at Springfield Oaks County Park near Davisburg.
                    > You're welcome to setup a table or booth and give a little
                    > velo-intro. I should have a TV/VCR combo which we could use
                    > to play the video throughout the day. I'll have more info as
                    > the date draws near.
                    >
                    > Todd

                  • Bill & Julie Windhorst
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
                      Leonardo: As you probably already read my note to Todd, I will be peruing some of
                      our GM employee members at our meeting on Monday. I have something else in mind
                      to find more interested or potential interested employees. Will you get me the
                      details of what forms or who they need to contact by this weekend. When you
                      mentioned this at the meeting, you brought up about the employees involvement.
                      Let me know what you found out.

                      Bill W.

                      Leonardo Gianola wrote:

                      > Members,
                      >
                      > It has come to my attention that anyone that works for General Motors can
                      > have $250 donated to a community project that they are involved in via the
                      > GM Volunteer Plus Program. These are not matching funds, but a contribution
                      > by GM. I have checked this out & the velodrome effort qualifies. If you
                      > work for GM & are interested in helping out, please respond.
                      >
                      > The construction site has been surveyed & staked out, but the weather is
                      > not cooperating as the site is still a little wet. For those of you who
                      > wish to help out with digging the foundations, this weekend might be the time.
                      >
                      > I am putting together a proposal to request velodrome sponsorship for the
                      > American Sunroof Corporation. If anyone has any information on ASC or it's
                      > owner, Heitz Prechter, please respond.
                      >
                      > This winter I will be traveling around & speaking at various banquets. If
                      > you would like me to show up at your banquet, talk about the velodrome, &
                      > show an exciting video, please respond.

                    • Mike Samyn
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 29, 2000
                        Leonardo,

                        I will look into this. If you can supply any additional info please do so.
                        I'll let you know what I find out at Powertrain.

                        Mike Samyn

                        >It has come to my attention that anyone that works for General Motors can
                        >have $250 donated to a community project that they are involved in via the
                        >GM Volunteer Plus Program. These are not matching funds, but a contribution
                        >by GM. I have checked this out & the velodrome effort qualifies. If you
                        >work for GM & are interested in helping out, please respond.

                      • Sherry Kunkel
                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 30, 2000
                          please take me off this list. I'm getting too many e-mails at work on this. Thank you.