Re: [velobella] Mt. Hamilton recap Cat 4

  • ann cigan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
      Ah! I remember that snake Patty...it was a huge gofer (spelling that right?) snake!

      And I agree with you, all you Bellas did AWESOME!

      Ann

      patty selbicky <pselbicky@...> wrote:
      Denise,
      Thanks for the recap, who would ever want to do this race again after all the hazards,
      but the bellas are awesome everyone of you.
      Patty(I even ran over an 8ft. long fat snake)

      Pizie <crobles0066@...> wrote:
      I have a road bike of one of the riders. His wife/girlfriend was in accident on one of the turns right after Lake Isabell and before the feed zone.

      The problem is I dont have any way of contacting this rider to give his bike back. Him and his wife/girlfriend both left on the helicopter. I think his name is Scott Black. Team San Jose is helping me to find out who this rider is but if any of you know a Scott Black/Mike Black. I'm pretty sure the last name is Black.

      Please email me direct is you have any information.

      Denise1ramirez@... wrote:
      Our field was full; just a few Velo Girls and a bunch of others stragglers.
      Bellas were the most dominate in numbers as there were 7 of us at the
      starting line. Debbie, Patty, Ann, Heather, Julie, Natasha and myself were ready to
      tackle the road.

      There were accidents left and right. We could hear the sirens screeching
      throughout the valley. We passed a helicopter that had to air lift a person
      out, several guys went down ahead of us, a vehicle drove off the road down into
      a pasture with a Trek still on the rack, and emergency personnel passed us
      going both directions. The descents are very tight'n twisty and off camber.

      At one point, when all of the follow cars were passing by us (seemed like a
      gizillion) the roads were so narrow, that it forced us into a single file for
      a bit of time. I think this is where Julie and I lost our position with the
      main pack. Once the road opened up, we tired like heck to get back on. They
      were within eye's view around the corners edge, but couldn't quite get back
      on. Julie and I worked together for quite sometime fighting the headwind and
      hills.

      I am thinking Julie and I came in around 18th. She and I would have placed
      higher, if we had not been stuck behind all of those dang cars. We worked
      like a dickins' though and we did well.

      Kudos goes to the other Bellas who came in at the top of the field!
      Congrats! Another Bella sweep!!!!

      Denise :-)

      ~~~~To the world you maybe one person~~~~
      ~~But to one person you maybe the world~~

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
        I'm glad I missed the snake. We see snakes all of the time here in Fresno,
        almost daily.

        I was told that there were a bunch/ herd/ stampede/ gaggle/ litter (what
        ever the word is for a lot of horses) that were running through the race course
        also. That could have been very dangerous.

        Denise :-)

      • Eric
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2005
          Pair.