SportVelo Track Workout for Thursday Dec. 2nd

  • Coach Dan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hello SportVelo Runners,

      The track workouts will resume this Thursday (December 2) at Foothill
      College at 6PM. Foothill College is located at

      12345 El Monte Road
      Los Altos Hills, CA 94022-4599

      It's just west of Foothill Expressway and 280. The track is located to the
      right of the entrance; you can see it from El Monte as you enter. Parking is
      $2, and the meters are enforced. Here's a map of the campus:

      http://www.foothill.fhda.edu/news/images/FHMap8.16.04.pdf

      If it is cold, we will keep moving throughout the workout, but bring plenty
      of loose layers that you can use as you warm up and cool down.

      Here's the workout:

      Warm up 1600-3200m
      Plyometrics, drills, lunges, lateral movement, Romanian deadlift, bleachers
      (Foothill has good bleachers!)
      Strides.

      All 1200 intervals conducted at threshold pace (no faster), and 400
      intervals conducted at threshold -5 seconds (no faster). For example, if
      your threshold pace is 7min/mile, your 1200 would be 5:15, and your 400
      would be 1:40.

      1200 RI=90seconds
      400 RI=60seconds
      REPEAT

      All RIs include 5-10 burpees, dips, pushups, front bridge with leg raises,
      or scorpion
      AT LEAST 1200m cool down then, as weather permits, stretching and more core
      strength
      work, with favorites such as

      the dying bug exercise
      back bridge with leg extension
      single leg standing, eyes closed
      front bridge for 30sec-2min
      side bridge
      hip crossover

      See you next Thursday evening!
      Coach Dan

      PS: The SportVelo workout is free for monthly SportVelo athletes, and $10
      per workout for all other athletes. If you are new, please see me before the
      workout to get a guideline or pace for your intervals, and so I can partner
      you with runners with similar speed.

      SportVelo, premier endurance coaching and cycling services
      905 Sherman Ave.
      Menlo Park, CA 94025
      p: 650-324-BIKE (2453)
      c: 650-483-2006
      f: 650-561-9036
      www.sportvelo.com
      dan@...

      This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
      of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly
      prohibited.
      If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete
      all copies.