New Member!

  • Sabine Dukes
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hey, I have not done this is a while, but we have a new race team
      member, Sarah Kerlin.

      Sarah races everything. Mtn bike, cross, triathlons, running and this
      year she has picked up road racing. While Sarah will continue to race
      for her current sponsor(Another Bike Shop) on the individual sports
      such as mtb and cross, she will race for Velo Bella on the road.

      I've watched Sarah race this year and pretty much blow right through
      the 4s (that was her that rode away from the field at Los Gatos Crit)
      I've approached Sarah, because I've noticed that now that she has
      moved up to 3s, she could really use some teammates and learn to get
      in on the fun of team tactics. Happily her sponsor was okay with
      sharing Sarah with us on the road!

      Sarah lives in the Santa Cruz area. She is a fantastic mtb and cross
      racer. She races As in cross and laps me and I'm not sure if she
      races expert or if she has bumped up to pro in mtb.

      So welcome Sarah! Her first race with us will be Ft Ord (if it
      happens) She will also be at the Swanton Time Trial next Thursday.
    • Denise1ramirez@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
        A huge Bella welcome to Sarah!  You're going to have alot of fun with this team.  I look forward to meeting you on the road sometime soon. :-)

        Denise
      • Jennifer (JJ) Chapman
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
          Yeah, I have seen Sarah out there on the bike and she scares me!  I mean that in a good fast kind of scary you hope she doesn't turn it on when racing with you scary.  Thank you Sabine for convincing her to joint our ranks.  I will be at the TT next Thursday also.

          Jen Chapman

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2003
            Yippie!!! Welcome Sarah Kerlin! Sarah is a true champion. I
            just know that she will be a great addition to Velo Bella.

            Ok Sarah, You better call me for massges, girl...

            Love,
            Goldi

            --- In velobella@yahoogroups.com, "Sabine Dukes"

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 26, 2003
              We have our first Dirty Dozen vict....err I mean participant!

              Thats right we will be launching our wildly successful Dirty Dozen
              campaign again for cross. And we will be sponsoring the "C" women at
              Surf City. Oh, we will be spouting so much fun cross stuff that it
              will drive everyone batty!
              http://www.pbase.com/image/6592660

              I will have more details on this year's contest soon, but for now,
              its just a heads up that its coming...Velo Bella's favorite time of
              the year!!

              If you need reminded, here's what we did last year:
              http://www.velobella.org/rides_cyclocross.htm

              Still no word on a date for a clinic with Ben. We may just go ahead
              and schedule one with other teachers for now and then one with Ben.
              Either way, count on some clinics.

              Oh yeah, our first Dirty Dozener is Mary Hoover. Mary lives in Los
              Gatos and although she has never raced cross, she rides her road bike
              alot and has bruises and everything.

              Mary, you may want to consider the Tues/Thurs South Bay ride listed
              on the Calendar, and welcome!

              Sabine