Tour Watching!

  • Sabine Dukes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      Le Tour is almost upon us. And while, personaly I don't think this
      race is as exciting as the Giro, it is the Grand Dame of bicycle
      racing and the one time that the rest of the world pays attention to
      our sport.

      Besides, cycling history is being made, so its good that we watch so
      we can bore our great great grandkids with stories from back in the
      day.

      The racing begins July 5th!!

      How to watch?
      OLN!! - http://tdf.olntv.com/
      Best way if you are not lucky enough to live in Europe is to tune in
      to OLN's daily usually live coverage. Their website is pretty cool
      too and is the official English language Le Tour site. If you don't
      get OLN, you can listen to their coverage via the website, or if
      you're really geeky, have the results sent to your mobile phone!

      Velonews - http://www.velonews.com/tour2003/
      Nicely organized, live updates, pictures, but the best part of the
      Velonews coverage has to be Tyler Tunes, Tyler Hamilton's diary.
      Amazing that a guy can race his brains out, but still have the
      capacity to string some interesting words together. What better than
      insight from a podium contender?

      Cyclingnews - http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2003/tour03/03index.php?
      id=03default
      You can't beat Cyclingnews when it comes down to basic race reports
      and results delivered quikcly without a lot of muss and fuss. They
      had a few extra features for the Tour such as racer diaries, tech
      reports, podium girl gone bad. But if I just want to know who won and
      what happened without sifting through a lot of other stuff,
      Cyclingnews is usually where I head first.

      Eurosport -
      http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/V3/L0/S18/sport_Lng0_Spo18.shtml
      If you want a different perspective on the tour, try Eurosport for a
      less LanceCentric version. And, again for the geeky, you can get
      results and reports on their pda version.

      Viva Le Tour!
    • Beth Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003

        Hi, velobellas. I am totally new to the group – did the mountain bike clinic with Sabine – love to road ride – and have only been doing it fairly seriously for about one year. Love the email chain – Dana and I met at a Chamber of Commerce event recently – so fate has now taken over!  So, my question is: when Tour de France podium chicks go bad, should we start a campaign for them to be replaced by the most eligible podium guys that have been recently discovered?? These guys need full time work. Phil Leggett would have some juicy comments about podium boys – that might create some real interest in  Americans watching the Tour! Sorry for my off color comments – but this group seems to like to have fun. On a serious note, I wish Lance great “biking karma” because I am planning to go to France next year ( not sure how $$ wise) to ride/follow some of the Tour and I would love to see him back to set a record.

        Your racing diaries are great inspiration!

        Beth

        Beth Jones

        Sales and Marketing Director

        TPO HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

        Ph: 831-647-7292

        Fax: 831-658-0201

        Email: bethj@...

        Website: http://www.tpohr.com/

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
          HI Beth!

          Good to see you are lurking about!

          --- In velobella@yahoogroups.com, "Beth Jones" <bethj@t...> wrote:
          > Hi, velobellas. I am totally new to the group - did the mountain
          bike
          > clinic with Sabine - love to road ride - and have only been doing it
          > fairly seriously for about one year. Love the email chain - Dana
          and I
          > met at a Chamber of Commerce event recently - so fate has now taken
          > over! So, my question is: when Tour de France podium chicks go bad,
          > should we start a campaign for them to be replaced by the most
          eligible
          > podium guys that have been recently discovered?? These guys need
          full
          > time work. Phil Leggett would have some juicy comments about podium
          boys
          > - that might create some real interest in Americans watching the
          Tour!
          > Sorry for my off color comments - but this group seems to like to
          have
          > fun. On a serious note, I wish Lance great "biking karma" because I
          am
          > planning to go to France next year ( not sure how $$ wise) to
          > ride/follow some of the Tour and I would love to see him back to
          set a
          > record.
          > Your racing diaries are great inspiration!
          >
          > Beth
          >
          > Beth Jones
          > Sales and Marketing Director
          > TPO HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT