Re: [velobella] Re: local riders

  • jenn_e99@cox.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      Thinking of joining club, I live in San Pedro, CA. Are there any other riders in the local area (Long Beach, Torrance, PV or Redondo Beach)?

      Jenn

      ---- Denise1ramirez@... wrote:
      > Pennie, as Sabine said there are about 10+ Bellas in Fresno and Clovis.? If you are ever in the area, please drop one of us a line, we'd love to meet you. Sometimes,?I start rides out of the Visalia area, if you are ever there.......
      > Denise :-)

    • Sabine Dukes
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2007
        Hi Jenn

        We don't have a lot of riders in your area. For some reason they stop
        at Santa Barbara and don't pick up again until the San Diego area.
        Although there are a few in your area, its not a large group. My
        recommendation would be to get on the SoCal email list. (eek, I dont
        have that info on hand, but will look for it) and the SoCal boards on
        our forum
        http://velobellabb.com/forum4/

        --- In velobella@yahoogroups.com, <jenn_e99@...> wrote:

        > Thinking of joining club, I live in San Pedro, CA. Are there any
        other riders in the local area (Long Beach, Torrance, PV or Redondo
        Beach)?

        > Jenn
        >
        > ---- Denise1ramirez@... wrote:
        > > Pennie, as Sabine said there are about 10+ Bellas in Fresno and
        Clovis.? If you are ever in the area, please drop one of us a line,
        we'd love to meet you. Sometimes,?I start rides out of the Visalia
        area, if you are ever there.......
        > > Denise :-)

      • hgabel73
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 5, 2007
          Jenn,
          I live in Rancho Santa Margarita which is in south Orange County. Not
          close, but not too far either. I would be interested in meeting up on
          a weekend sometime.

          Holly

          --- In velobella@yahoogroups.com, <jenn_e99@...> wrote:

          > Thinking of joining club, I live in San Pedro, CA. Are there any
          other riders in the local area (Long Beach, Torrance, PV or Redondo
          Beach)?

          > Jenn
          >
          > ---- Denise1ramirez@... wrote:
          > > Pennie, as Sabine said there are about 10+ Bellas in Fresno and
          Clovis.? If you are ever in the area, please drop one of us a line,
          we'd love to meet you. Sometimes,?I start rides out of the Visalia
          area, if you are ever there.......
          > > Denise :-)

        • Monica Diaz
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 5, 2007
            Hi Jenn,

            I live in Long Beach, but in the middle of moving a bit further inland. I too have found difficulty finding Bellas in LA [makes me want to move further north :) ]

            I'm a novice rider and participate regulary in organized ride events. We are riding in the Long Beach Marathon in two weeks and in the Solvang Prelude next month. We try and hit most of the local events. Always looking to meet new ladies who ride.

            Monica :)

            We don't have a lot of riders in your area. For some reason they stop
            at Santa Barbara and don't pick up again until the San Diego area.
            Although there are a few in your area, its not a large group. My
            recommendation would be to get on the SoCal email list. (eek, I dont
            have that info on hand, but will look for it) and the SoCal boards on
            our forum
            http://velobellabb. com/forum4/

            --- In velobella@yahoogrou ps.com, <jenn_e99@.. .> wrote:

            > Thinking of joining club, I live in San Pedro, CA. Are there any
            other riders in the local area (Long Beach, Torrance, PV or Redondo
            Beach)?

            > Jenn
            >
            > ---- Denise1ramirez@ ... wrote:
            > > Pennie, as Sabine said there are about 10+ Bellas in Fresno and
            Clovis.? If you are ever in the area, please drop one of us a line,
            we'd love to meet you. Sometimes,?I start rides out of the Visalia
            area, if you are ever there.......
            > > Denise :-)

            __
            Mail! - http://mail. aol.com

          • jenn_e99@cox.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 9, 2007
              Is the Long Beach Marathon on Oct 21st? I wouldn't mind meeting up with you to participate in the ride. I know it's a quick one, but it would be fun. I work in Long Beach and have passed the opportunity several times to join this ride. My boyfriend is a cyclist and is starting to get into the racing scene. I love riding, but the orgainized rides are more to my liking. Maybe in the future I can race. Do you train locately? When and how often? I ride usually in Pedro and PV, sometimes to Laguna Beach. I have a crazy schedule because I have three children with a busy schedule. Let me know maybe we can work something out.

              Jenn

            • jenn_e99@cox.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 9, 2007
                Holly,

                I have a busy schedule, but I think we can work something out. I usually do my long rides every other Sunday when I don't have my children. My next Sunday would be the Oct 21st, but thinking about doing the Long Beach Marathon (if it's that day). Anysways let me know if Sundays work for you. I work almost every Saturday.

                Jenn
                ---- hgabel73 <hgabel73@...> wrote:
                > Jenn,
                > I live in Rancho Santa Margarita which is in south Orange County. Not
                > close, but not too far either. I would be interested in meeting up on
                > a weekend sometime.
                >
                > Holly
                >

                > --- In velobella@yahoogroups.com, <jenn_e99@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Thinking of joining club, I live in San Pedro, CA. Are there any
                > other riders in the local area (Long Beach, Torrance, PV or Redondo
                > Beach)?
                > >
                > > Jenn
                > >
                > > ---- Denise1ramirez@... wrote:
                > > > Pennie, as Sabine said there are about 10+ Bellas in Fresno and
                > Clovis.? If you are ever in the area, please drop one of us a line,
                > we'd love to meet you. Sometimes,?I start rides out of the Visalia
                > area, if you are ever there.......
                > > > Denise :-)

              • hgabel73
                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 16, 2007
                  Jenn,
                  I hear you about busy schedules!! Sundays would work. I would love to
                  work something out. The Long Beach marathon was last Sunday. I was
                  going to do it but it fell on the wrong day. I was in Colorado
                  Springs at the Olympic Training Center for a speed skating training
                  clinic. I got into cycling 2 years ago while cross training for
                  skating and have been hooked ever since!! The 21st sounds like a good
                  day so let me know and we'll work out the details.

                  Holly
                  PS- How far is your long ride?

                • jenn_e99@cox.net
                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 21, 2007
                    Holly,

                    Sorry about not getting back to you sooner. Work was crazy this week and we had to cancel our ride to Laguna due to high winds. I went riding locally in PV, around the penisuela. I get pretty bad with emails.

                    Here my phone number 310-528-0366. I'm off this coming Friday and can do a morning ride after I drop my kids off at school for a couple of hours. Let me know

                    Jenn