eggbeaters

  • soni andreini poulsen
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
      I need some crank brothers egg beater pedal help.

      I have the candy model (beater + small platform) and the resistance on the
      beater part seems wrong. One beater turns with a little resistance but the
      other turns with moderate resistance. And there is really no adjustment to
      them. My husband already took them apart and put them back together again.
      It is pretty difficult to clip into the one with more resistance.

      So it is possible that I am just having mental problems with my pedals
      (wouldn't be the first time!)
      but it would help for me to know just how much resistance vs spin they are
      supposed to have. So if you have egg beaters, please let me know how easily
      they turn for you. Difficult to quantify but do your best. Thanks!

      Soni

    • Melanie Swartz
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
        Soni and eggbeater enthusiasts,

        I've been riding the traditional eggbeaters on all of
        my bikes ever since they were introduced to the market
        way back when. I've put a lot of miles, and years, on
        my pedals and still ride by them. I've ridden the heck
        out of my pedals - well beyond one would expect a
        pedal to last. Any problems I've had with my pedals
        have been easily resolved by either rebuilding the
        pedal (replacing the bushing/bearings with a $15
        rebuld kit
        http://www.crankbrothers.com/rebuild_kit.php?itemId=66639)--which
        probably should be done once a year, cleaning off the
        spindle, or replacing the cleats. If these don't
        resolve the issue, then check with Crank Brothers. I'm
        not sure if there is a "life-expectancy" for a pedal -
        but I know I have a set I've been using on one of my
        bikes for at least 3-4 years.

        Crank Brothers offers one of the best warranty
        policies in the industry: 2 year warranty on all
        pedals. Call them at 949-464-9916, M-F 9am-5pm, PST or
        email: info@...

        Hope this works out for you.

        Melanie

        --- soni andreini poulsen <conejotoo@...>