URGENT: Schedule first meeting with overseas members

  • Maharajan Muthuswamy
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 11, 2004
      Hey Guys,

      Its high time we started moving... we are remaining in a long period
      of lull ever since this group was started.... forgive me for saying
      so, I am not sure what is going on in Chennai... if you guys are
      doing something... I am sorry for saying that we are in a lull...

      But at least, I have been in a lull as far as this group goes... I
      havent done anything except for sending emails... we need to get
      going guys.... Inertia is a very bad thing... especially for a young
      organization like ours... a very good start is highly critical.. so,
      lets all take some time off from our busy schedules and get something
      going...

      I was talking to my friend Saravanan (Sarna), who is also a member of
      Velicham and he was the one who chided me for this slow pace from our
      (guys in the US) sides... both of us decided that the guys here
      should start getting in touch with you guys more often and start
      moving things...

      There is no point in just sending emails...

      So, I propose we have a conference this weekend. Please confirm what
      time would be okay for you guys. Minimally, I would like to talk to
      Chakkravarthy, Sathish and Barani (assuming you three guys are the
      most active volunteers), anyone else is welcome... just that in that
      case, we will have to change the medium of the conference( at the
      moment I am thinking of a teleconference, we could change it to
      yahoo! conference, if there are a lot of guys who want to be a part
      of this...)

      How about

      10:30 AM on Sunday Oct 16th IST

      If that is not possible, please come up with a concrete time and
      email the group...

      Guys, please lets do this... there are so many ppl that Sarna and I
      have spoken to here... lot of ppl are interested, but both of us are
      at a loss to say what the group is doing, has done etc...

      Minimally, we need to discuss the following:

      Agenda:
      1. Introductory Information about the group.
      2. Key members in Chennai
      3. What Chakkravarthi has been doing so far.
      a) What is the profile of the activities
      b) What are his resources?
      c) What does he further need?
      d) How can the members in the US help?
      4. Status of bank account
      5. Schedule regular meetings

      This is just a rough agenda. Guys, please add on to this as you might
      deem fit.

      Please reply back with a convenient time soon.

      Utham:
      Machaan, could we register velicham.net?
      What is your take on this?
      Can you be available for a conference call?

      Anyone else I am missing, please feel free to mail in and
      contribute...

      Thanks,
      Maha
    • Utham Kumar A S
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 12, 2004
        Hey Maha,

        Ur mail was defenitely an eye opener, guess it's been so for many a time.

        October 17, Sunday, 1030 AM IST, is ideal for me.  I'm also open to any other time convienient to you ppl.

        Now, guys in Chennai pls take time off from ur schedules and make it up for the Conference.  Sathish, Bharanidharan, Chakravarthy, Nagamuthu, Balaje and all those who met in the Marina, pls make it up.  Those reading this mail, try to pass on the word.

        Moreover, Maha, I belive the strength of this group is less when compared to the number of ppl who actually know abt this and had come for the briefing in Marina.

        Anywayz, lets first meet up on Sunday.

        Till then, bye...
        Utham.

        Bye, Utham.

        Yahoo! Messenger
        - Log on with your mobile phone!

      • sathish kumar
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004

          Hai Everybody,

                               Sorry guys,just saw the mail.Totally held up with my work.This 16th i won't be in  station, will be back only on 19th.Shall we reschedule it to next weekend.I will confirm with the members here and let u all know the exact date and time.

                                 We r lacking inertia,thats true Maha.Everyone here feel the same.we sure go to discuss on our monthly agenda.

                                 Utham,i got ur message da.I tried to reply but it failed,i will check with my service provider and message u again.Dai, get going with our velicham website.

          Few things under process,

          1.The registration process is almost complete.
          2.NGO's bank account will opened in SBI,chetpet
          3.We have appointed four paid (Rs 400)volunteers to take care of the tutions at two main centers in Solevaram.They will be under the control of Chakeravarthy.
          4.Our NGO's office will setup at Murugandam's building near Puzhal

          more to come up soon...we will discuss that during our conference next weekend

          Keep u updated ASAP.

          Velicham Parevattum

          bye,

          Sathish

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • saravanan shanmuganathan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004
            Thanks Satish for the update! I would say its so far
            so good..atleast the start-up formalities have been
            taken care of.

            Members, keep in touch! Maha, do you think you can
            touch base with Satish and other members, fix up a
            time for next weekend for the conference call and send
            an e-mail to the group?

            I will be in Chennai this December and I am hoping to
            get a clear velicham about 'Velicham' by then. Satish,
            as we discussed earlier we will do the needful for me
            to become a paid volunteer of Velicham while I am
            there.

            Take care guys. Bye!

            Sarna

            --- sathish kumar <kumar_624@...> wrote:

            > Hai Everybody,
            >
            > Sorry guys,just saw the
            > mail.Totally held up with my work.This 16th i won't
            > be in station, will be back only on 19th.Shall we
            > reschedule it to next weekend.I will confirm with
            > the members here and let u all know the exact date
            > and time.
            >
            > We r lacking inertia,thats
            > true Maha.Everyone here feel the same.we sure go to
            > discuss on our monthly agenda.
            >
            > Utham,i got ur message da.I
            > tried to reply but it failed,i will check with my
            > service provider and message u again.Dai, get going
            > with our velicham website.
            >
            > Few things under process,
            >
            > 1.The registration process is almost complete.
            > 2.NGO's bank account will opened in SBI,chetpet
            > 3.We have appointed four paid (Rs 400)volunteers to
            > take care of the tutions at two main centers in
            > Solevaram.They will be under the control of
            > Chakeravarthy.
            > 4.Our NGO's office will setup at Murugandam's
            > building near Puzhal
            >
            > more to come up soon...we will discuss that during
            > our conference next weekend
            >
            > Keep u updated ASAP.
            >
            > Velicham Parevattum
            >
            > bye,
            >
            > Sathish

          • Maharajan Muthuswamy
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004
              Thanks, Sarna. I appreciate your coming forward with this email. And I do hope everyone else also see the need to be in regular touch.

              Any ideas/suggestions will be very welcome.

              Sarna, I will try and get in touch with the guys in Chennai and try and set up a time and medium for our conference next weekend.

              At this point, I would like to introduce another of our overseas members. Harish Gopalakrishnan aka Haisa, is also a part of this group, like Sarna, he was also my roomie when I was at Oregon State University. Some of you might have met him and also know that our friendship dates way back to high school.

              Haisa graduated from Oregon State this last summer with an MS in Electrical Engineering with a primary focus on low power digital design. He has since then been working as a researcher with Len Forbes at Oregon State University. He is yet another committed member like Sarna and looks forward to a fruitful association with the group  and is eager to assist Chakkravarthy in his altruistic pursuits.

              It has been quite a while since I spoke with Arun. I will try and get in touch with him over this weekend and see how he can contribute to Velicham.

              I have talked to a couple of other friends of mine here and they would also be willing to be direct members. Once formalities are finalized and we have a mission statement, goals and an agenda, I shall continue my efforts on recruiting members here.

              Sarna has also spoken to a couple of his friends in the US and Singapore. Sarna, could you please provide a brief update on that?

              I will be in touch with the guys in Chennai and will post to the groups as to what transpired out of that.

              Utham said that a lot of the members are not subscribed to this group. Could someone in Chennai please volunteer to ensure that all direct members are aware of this group?

              For the benefit of Sarna and Haisa.... the other guys in this group are all mostly my classmates, you guys know Siva (Western Michigan) and Utham (Singapore) and Sathish(Chennai). At present, there are 3 other members in this yahoogroup, two of whom, I know. One is Rajkumar, he is currently working at Infosys, Chennai and the other is ArunKumar MRP,(commonly referred to as MRP). The last time I contacted him, he was working in Coimbatore. MRP, could you please send in a brief email introducing yourself to the rest of the group.

              I am not sure who the other member is - chocochip3 @ yahoo dot com. Whoever that is, could you please send in a brief intro email?

              I am not sure why Bharani is not a part of this group. From what I know, he is yet another of the frontliners as far as this organization is concerned. Okay, more to come later.

              Thanks guys, lets not lose the momentum. Please keep emailing the groups. I am appending the proposed agenda for the weekend meeting to this email. Please give it a read and feel free to add to it.

              Sorry guys, this has gotten to be yet another long email. I will strive to make my emails short in future. It is not that I am not aware of it, I will work on it.. :(

              Thanks,
              Maha

              Agenda for weekend meeting:

              saravanan shanmuganathan <sarna75@...> wrote:
              Thanks Satish for the update! I would say its so far
              so good..atleast the start-up formalities have been
              taken care of.

              Members, keep in touch! Maha, do you think you can
              touch base with Satish and other members, fix up a
              time for next weekend for the conference call and send
              an e-mail to the group?

              I will be in Chennai this December and I am hoping to
              get a clear velicham about 'Velicham' by then. Satish,
              as we discussed earlier we will do the needful for me
              to become a paid volunteer of Velicham while I am
              there.

              Take care guys. Bye!

              Sarna

              --- sathish kumar <kumar_624@...> wrote:

              > Hai Everybody,
              >
              >                      Sorry guys,just saw the
              > mail.Totally held up with my work.This 16th i won't
              > be in  station, will be back only on 19th.Shall we
              > reschedule it to next weekend.I will confirm with
              > the members here and let u all know the exact date
              > and time.
              >
              >                        We r lacking inertia,thats
              > true Maha.Everyone here feel the same.we sure go to
              > discuss on our monthly agenda.
              >
              >                        Utham,i got ur message da.I
              > tried to reply but it failed,i will check with my
              > service provider and message u again.Dai, get going
              > with our velicham website.
              >
              > Few things under process,
              >
              > 1.The registration process is almost complete.
              > 2.NGO's bank account will opened in SBI,chetpet
              > 3.We have appointed four paid (Rs 400)volunteers to
              > take care of the tutions at two main centers in
              > Solevaram.They will be under the control of
              > Chakeravarthy.
              > 4.Our NGO's office will setup at Murugandam's
              > building near Puzhal
              >
              > more to come up soon...we will discuss that during
              > our conference next weekend
              >
              > Keep u updated ASAP.
              >
              > Velicham Parevattum
              >
              > bye,
              >
              > Sathish

            • saravanan shanmuganathan
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 16, 2004
                Maha,

                Has harish already been subscribed to this group?

                Yup, a few of my friends including my brother have
                expressed their interest in Velicham. But, I need to
                explain to them clearly about our plans and only then
                I will know about their contributions.

                Your agenda looks perfect to start with. While
                discussing those issues, I am sure to have some
                suggestions/questions for the group.

                and another important thing: Honestly, I have never
                felt any of your e-mails as a long one or a worthless
                one. It always has some content and an excellent
                vocabulary. So, therez nothing you gotta work on it.

                Laterz,
                Sarna

                wrote:
> [...]
                > > service provider and message u again.Dai, get
                > going
                > > with our velicham website.
                > >
                > > Few things under process,
                > >
                > > 1.The registration process is almost complete.
                > > 2.NGO's bank account will opened in SBI,chetpet
                > > 3.We have appointed four paid (Rs 400)volunteers
                > > take care of the tutions at two main centers in
                > > Solevaram.They will be under the control of
                > > Chakeravarthy.
                > > 4.Our NGO's office will setup at Murugandam's
                > > building near Puzhal
                > >
                > > more to come up soon...we will discuss that during
                > > our conference next weekend
                > >
                > > Keep u updated ASAP.
                > >
                > > Velicham Parevattum
                > >
                > > bye,
                > >
                > > Sathish

                > > vote.yahoo.com - Register online to vote today!

                > Yahoo! India Matrimony: Find your life partner

                === message truncated ===