Kaip isivaizduojame dangaus karalyste?

  • Andrius Kulikauskas
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2008
      Linkėjimai visiems iš Amerikos! Vis labiau pamąstau, kaip ir kokios
      šviesuolių kultūros siekti? Kuo ji panaši į dangaus karalystę? Pridedu
      savo laišką anglų kalba. Tomai, kaip su darbais, su COMMUNIA svarstymų
      santraukomis? Prašau vis parašyk po truputį, kad matytųsi, kaip dirbi?
      Andrius Kulikauskas, ms@..., +1 312 618 3345.

      I share my thoughts about a culture of independent thinkers that I wish
      to organize over the next ten years or so. I imagine that this might
      be the kingdom of heaven which Jesus invites us to. I am encouraged
      these next two years to explore, What might the kingdom of heaven be
      like? and reach out to hear from people of all outlooks.

      This year on March 31, 2008 in Vilnius, Lithuania we celebrated the 10th
      anniversary of our Minciu Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt for serving
      and organizing independent thinkers. I feel that we have achieved our
      laboratory's purpose. We have established a haven where those who wish
      to share of themselves are most welcome. We are openly encouraged as we
      openly grow.

      I do have to keep looking for sources of work. I have yet to find steady
      income or make a profit or pay back my loans. But our lab has shown
      unquestionable value. We have provided paid work, travel, computers to
      dozens of participants. We are able to organize hundreds and thousands
      of workers.

      I look to our dreams to decide where to invest ourselves. I will start
      with my own dreams. Even as a child, I wished to know everything and
      apply that knowledge usefully. I have made good progress to observe and
      pull together the conceptual limits of my own mind and perhaps all minds.
      I am excited that our laboratory's culture makes practical a shared
      framework of values, investigations, endeavors, visions by which we
      might understand each other as one person in many situations. My dream
      is now to make real such a culture.

      We have at least the beginnings of such a culture. We have collected
      hundreds of answers to the questions, What is your deepest value in life?
      What is a question that you don't know the answer to, but wish to answer?
      What would you like to achieve?
      We observe stages in our personal growth as independent thinkers. Our
      deepest values are able to represent us truly; they are the aspects of
      love which we personally champion; they are perhaps our very souls that
      grow only brighter and cannot perish. Our investigations have us
      cherish the unknown, so that we can embrace our endless growth. Our
      endeavors make apparent that we strive for the sake of others and the
      root of our striving is to reach out to the hard to reach.

      Independent thinkers are true to themselves, thus slow to agree to
      others, thus never in the center, butthus everywhere else. We make
      sense of our lives with our own private languages, yet we are able to
      agree with each other deeply, perhaps absolutely, for we can refer to
      the same existential situation. At the heart of our work together are
      several principles:
      * We work in the Public Domain by default. We allow others to share and
      reuse our work freely so that we might use our best judgment to help
      each other and build on each other's work. We work openly, think out
      loud and work-in-parallel.
      * We understand that money can bring us together, but you can't pay
      somebody to care. External motivation must defer to internal
      motivation. We work for free and thereby demonstrate what we do care
      about, and so we can meet each other halfway when we work for pay.
      * We want all to succeed and so we make good of every person's

      I ask us to share our visions of such a culture. Or simply, what kind
      of world would we like to live in? Muhammad Yunnus has us ask this
      question in his book "Creating a World Without Poverty" which Pamela
      McLean is encouraging us to read. We don't have to remake all of the
      world, we can start with a part so that all might appreciate what we
      mean. I think that a culture with 100,000 active and 1,000,000
      supportive participants would be large enough to address our life's
      challenges, and allow us to create our own world where we might fall in
      love, have families, raise children, and flourish across the
      generations. Franz Nahrada and I think of a culture that allows for
      God as independent thinker, and then looks to the independent thinker in
      every person, and reaches out further to foster centers for global
      villages, routes for traveling self-learners, festivals for projecting
      our visions, associations for stewardship, and concords for harmony. I
      like that we are scattered around the world, but I hope that we might
      grow strong locally and even be the dominant culture in one or more
      countries such as Lithuania or Kenya.

      I feel ready to focus my work at our lab to establish such a culture.
      We need not rush, but can tap into our boldest aspirations. I am
      encouraged by the support of Janet Feldman, Kennedy Owino, Dennis
      Kimambo, Rachel Wambui Kungu and many others whose hearts leap and beat
      that we might all rise and dance together.

      I have learned to be strong as a leader and thereby allow others to be
      strong as well. I thank Benoit Couture for urging me to acknowledge God
      as our supreme Commander. (Benoit, how are you? please send me your
      phone number!) I do listen to God, and I do enjoy his fellowship, but
      in many matters I myself take responsibility, as I did for our work in
      Kenya, just as we all do for our work. Yet I must acknowledge Jesus as
      the source of key principles that I have offered and that we have proved
      effective, such as "love your enemy" and "give everything away". I
      acknowledge Jesus as a Commander whose commands I accept even as they
      challenge me. This is the Jesus of the Sermon on the Mount, who
      delighted Mohattma Gandhi and others from many faiths.

      Jesus speaks of the kingdom of heaven as within us, amongst us. What
      does he mean? He has several parables about that, and I think they all
      say, "What you believe is what happens", just as the DNA of a mustard
      seed has within it the mustard plant. He has many teachings, such as
      "love your enemy" and "give everything away" that I think were utterly
      taboo in his time, and are so counter to our world that I and perhaps
      all of us wouldn't think to invent them. I find them divine, from a
      mind greater than my own, yet we have shown that we can live by them,
      and make them practical. Jesus says, "Blessed are the poor in spirit,
      for theirs is the kingdom of heaven". Who are the poor in spirit?
      Perhaps we are, as independent thinkers, for we are spirit, yet
      isolated, thus poor. The kingdom of heaven may then be a culture by
      which we can follow such bold commands with many small leaps, small
      risks, rather than as martyrs. Are we not invited to organize such a
      culture? to act as we think best when our master is away? I feel that I
      have come to this point where I wish to do so, and we have a haven from
      which we can.

      I will act slowly and purposefully to learn from all who might
      contribute to such a culture. I look forward to engaging people from
      all manner of cultures and outlooks. I also wish to make plenty of
      space for God to participate and to learn how to pray in twos and threes
      so as to include him all the more.

      In the coming months I will turn anew to our values, investigations,
      endeavors and diagram them so that we might navigate them and apply
      ourselves with enthusiasm. We have much to do:
      * For the Includer http://www.includer.org - mapping out our endeavors
      for optimal use of marginal Internet access (thank you, Ricardo and
      all!), creating software system, organizing content, practicing with
      circulating content, trying out devices for reading content, contacting
      makers of digital photo frames and ebook readers.
      * Dennis Kimambo has agreed to serve as Commander for our actions to
      stop genocide in the South Side of Chicago.
      * Organize our team in Lithuania, especially around a movement for sobriety.
      * Make a plan for our activity in Africa.
      * I continue with my philosophical work.
      * I would like us to collect experiences from our lives, including stories.
      * I would like us to do work that advances math literacy, see my course
      notes for precalculus:
      * And other projects in self-learning, see my flash cards for phonics:
      As we write about our projects, I can figure out what paid work we might
      best seek out.

      I am aware of quite a bit of activity by our lab's participants -
      Rachel, Dennis, Kennedy are on the Peace Caravan
      http://www.peace-caravan.org, Maria Agnese Giraudo and Samwel Kongere
      will be in Ghana for the elearning conference, and Ricardo has sent me a
      wonderful letter about business activities. I invite us to work openly
      as much as we can, and I intend to focus my own efforts on those who do!

      Andrius Kulikauskas
      Minciu Sodas
      +1 312 618 3345