Plant Strong DVD Launch @ J's - Sat. 13 Jul 2013

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2013
      Plant Strong DVD Launch @ J's

      Dear friends,

      Over the years, we've given out over 100,000 of our free SEEDS VCD. Many people have told us that it changed their lives.

      Now VSS is ready to roll out
      PLANT STRONG, our newly minted DVD featuring a compilation of videos on the wisdom of a plant based diet. Learn why you don't need meat for protein, why going veg just once a week can help the environment, how to whip up a quick and delicious veg meal and much more!

      Be the first to get a copy and also enjoy a sumptuous Mediterranean vegan meal at J's Restaurant.

      Venue:

      J's Restaurant
      7 Purvis Street,
      #01-01
      Singapore 188586

      (Click here for a map)

      Date & time:

      Sat 13th July 2013, 7 – 10pm

      Fee:

      $25 (VSS members)
      $30 (non members)

      Limited to 40 persons. Register now.

      Meet our special guests

      Ang Hwee

      A National weight lifter and coach, Ang Hwee has won medals in international competitions. He's also a long-time vegetarian and living proof that you don't need meat for muscles. Ang Hwee shares what it takes to build a rippling 6 pack the veg way!

      Teoh Seok Hean and Eddie Teoh

      In March 2012, Teoh Seok Hean was diagnosed with Stage 1C breast cancer. It was a huge shock to her. Determined to avoid conventional treatments, which carry considerable risks and side effects, Seok Hean and her husband, Eddie, researched alternative treatments and turned to a vegan diet.

      In October 2012, seven months after her initial diagnosis, Seok Hean's biopsy came back with no malignant cells found. She had met cancer head on and emerged victorious. Seok Hean and Eddie share with us the experience of their healing and incredible transformation!

      Enjoy a Sumptuous Mediterranean Vegan Buffet Dinner!

      Field Mushroom Soup
      Puree of mushroom blended with onion, carrots, celery and herbs

      Latin Confetti Salad
      Mixture of corn, Mexican kidney beans, bell peppers, onions, tomatos tossed in lemon citrus dressing

      Spanish Chunky Vegetables severed with Cous Cous
      Homemade warm cous cous served with fresh chunky vegetables cooked in marinara sauce

      Vegetable Fajitas
      Herb marinated eggplant, zucchini, peppers and mushrooms served with tortillas

      Arroz Verde
      Spanish Saffron rice cooked with green beans, Spanish onions, pesto sauce, fresh herbs and lime juice

      Pasta Marinara
      Organic Pasta tossed with crushed garlic and vegetables in a marinara sauce

      Soyato Ice Cream
      Heavenly ice cream, 100% soy based

      Registration

      Click here to register.

      Limited to 40 persons, so please register early. (Reservation is confirmed upon payment.)

      Payment can also be made by cheque.

      Cheques should be made payable to 'Vegetarian Society (Singapore)'

      Mailing address:

      3 Pemimpin Drive,
      #07-02, Lip Hing Building,
      Singapore 576147

      For enquiries, please contact Alex at events@... or 96669332.

      Join VSS and enjoy great discounts on all our events, plus many other benefits!