- Description: http://www.vegetarian-society.org/files/images/vss-logo-small.jpg Grow Things! Organic Gardening Workshop Description:Message 1 of 1 , May 6, 2013View Source
Grow Things! Organic Gardening Workshop
Organic Gardening Workshop
Live in a highrise flat but want to grow your own organic vegetables? Love living greens but have brown thumbs? Then join us for this gardening workshop to learn the simple basics:
What are the easiest plants and vegetables to grow here?
What soil to use?
How much to water?
Methods of propagating plants
How to get started?
We end the session with an organic lunch which includes freshly harvested organic greens and other treats!
Northeast Kampong Senang Activity Centre
Blk 840, Tampines St. 82,
#01-111 (at ground floor of block)
Date & time:
Sat 25 May 2013, 9.00 am – 12.00 pm
VSS members - $30
Children (12 and below) - $25
Non-members - $40
Limited to 20 persons
Workshop instructor, Andrew Tay, is a nature education consultant and has been in this field of work since 1994. His interests in nature conservation include permaculture and other forms of ecologically sustainable food gardening
Registration, welcome and briefing
Guided tour of the food and medicinal plant gardens at location
Start of hands-on gardening workshop. Pot up a herb or vegetable to adopt and bring home
Organic vegetarian lunch at location
Topics that will be covered in this workshop
- Common local vegetables and herbs and how to grow them.
- Methods and demo on how to propagate plants.
- Types of soil, herbal pesticide and fertiliser, and other relevant materials.
- Growing at your highrise HDB doorstep and other small spaces.
- This workshop will only proceed if there is a minimum of 10 participants.
- The venue is level ground in a housing estate and has suitable access for the
physically-challenged or elderly.
- All workshop materials will be provided.
This workshop is supported by Kampung Senang Charity & Education Foundation, who will receive part of the workshop proceeds.
Click here to register.
Limited to 20 participants, so please register early. (Reservation is confirmed upon payment.)
Payment can be made online or by cheque.
Make secure online payment here: www.vegetarian-society.org/grow
Cheques should be made payable to 'Vegetarian Society (Singapore)'
3 Pemimpin Drive,
#07-02, Lip Hing Building,
Join VSS and enjoy great discounts on all our events, plus many other benefits!