The Age of Stupid - Movie and Dinner under the Stars - 5 Dec 2009

  • Clarence Tan
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 19, 2009
      The Age of Stupid

      Dear friends,

      Join us for a mesmerising evening this December!

       THE AGE OF STUPID

      Movie and Dinner under the Stars
      Sat 5th Dec 2009, 7pm
      *Jalan Binchang

      (10 mins walk from Bishan MRT)
      For VSS members only

      Hailed as an incredibly powerful and emotional film, The Age of Stupid is a drama-documentary starring Oscar-nominated Pete Postlethwaite. In the devastated world of 2055, he watches 'archive' footage from 2008 and asks: why didn't we stop climate change while we had the chance? (More details here.)

      “It is definitely going to change my life. It was so powerful and so moving I wanted it to go on for another hour." Gillian Anderson, actress

      “The first successful dramatisation of climate change to hit the big screen.” The Guardian

      Catch this thought-provoking film in a beautiful garden setting**, while enjoying a delicious, earth-saving, vegan vegetarian dinner from Loving Hut.

      Registration

      Click here to register.

      Limited to 30 people, so please register early. (Reservation is confirmed upon payment.)

      *Complete address will be provided upon registration.

      **In the event of rain, event will be moved indoors.

      Cost

      VSS members: $12
      Premium members (Giro donors): $6

      Make secure online payment here: www.vegetarian-society.org/movie

      Cheques should be made payable to 'Vegetarian Society (Singapore)'

      Mailing address:

      3 Pemimpin Drive,
      #07-02, Lip Hing Building,
      Singapore 576147

      We look forward to seeing you on the 5th!

      Sincerely,
      The VSS Team

      Join VSS and enjoy great discounts on all our events, plus many other benefits!