International Day of Climate Action - 24 Oct 2009

  • Clarence Tan
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2009

      International Day of Climate Action

      They showed that 350 parts per million CO2 in the atmosphere is the safe limit for humanity.1

      The bad news is we’re already past that number - we’re at 390 parts per million, which is why the Arctic is melting, why drought is spreading across the planet, why humanity is facing perhaps its greatest challenge ever.

      The good news: that number gives us a target to aim for.

      On 24th Oct, be heard, seen and felt in fun and meaningful activities that will spread this urgent message!

      At 8am, hundreds of us will gather at the Padang to use our bodies to form the number
      '350' - the safe limit for CO2 and other greenhouse gases in the atmosphere. A boom lift will raise our photographer 12m into the air to capture this mass formation.

      From the Padang , we will then 'wacky walk' our way to SMU…that's right, 'Wacky Walk'! Wear a costume, paint your face, walk sideways or any other outrageous gait, gallop or hop that you and your team can come up with. We challenge you to think out of the box and be as fun and creative as possible!

      Win prizes for the Best Costume, the Wackiest Walk and Best Showmanship!

      All registrants will also receive a Certificate of Participation.

      Enjoy a delicious spread of vegan vegetarian cuisine from Loving Hut
      (all participants will receive a Free $2 Food Voucher for use on that day, kindly sponsored by Loving Hut.)

      Learn more about what each of us can do to curb climate change. Make a pledge to take action!

      Please register by 17 Oct: 350@.... Kindly include your name and contact number.

      Click here for the Wacky Walk route, and here for a map of SMU.

      Organised and/ or supported by:

      ECO Singapore    Vegetarian Society (Singapore)    ACRES

      1. 350 part per million of CO2 or CO2 equivalents in other greenhouse gases, such as methane and nitrous oxide. Read more here.