World Vegfest in KL - 3 to 6 Oct 2013

(521)
  • Vegetarian Society (Singapore)
    Sep 11, 2013 Expand Messages
      World Vegfest

      The Action is in KL in October

      Since VSS was founded in 1999, we have helped organise many great local veg events. We also occasionally link with veg organisations in other countries on international veg events. Next month, there's a special veg event in KL that you might like to attend.

      It's the International Vegetarian Union's World Vegfest in KL.

      Venue:

      Putra World Trade Centre / Lake Titiwangsa

      Thu 3 Oct - Sun 6 Oct 2013

      Cost:

      People from Asia - US$150

      Full-time university students
      (25 years and below) - $US10

      Click here for more info

      The event begins on the evening of Thu, 3 Oct with a welcome dinner. Then, Fri & Sat, 4-5 Oct feature talks, workshops, forums and more at Putra World Trade Centre (PWTC). The event wraps up on Sun, 6 Oct with a big food fair (100+ veg stalls) at Lake Titiwangsa. Afterwards, there are optional tours to Penang, etc.

      Our good friends in the Malaysia Vegetarian Society are offering a special price to people from Asia: US$150 which includes lots of great veg food and is half the price that participants from other continents pay.

      Plus, full-time university students 25 years of age and below pay only $US10, although the uni student ticket does not include the lunches and tea break snacks and dinners. However, arrangements will be made for uni students to get reasonably priced food. For budget accommodation, search for Hotel Wira and Hotel Anum near the PWTC.

      Among the scheduled speakers are Malaysia's Minister for Health (Dr S. Subramaniam, who is veg), the head of the Brazil Vegetarian Society, IVU's representation from Africa, a leader of Germany's Vegetarian Bund, IVU's Manager, nutrition profs from China and Thailand, the head of an international vegan food relief program, MVS's president, Dr P Vythilingam, and a speaker from Malaysia's Health Promotion Board.

      VSS is also represented among the speakers, including our president, education officer and immediate past president. Two famous SG veg athletes will take part in a forum on veg and sports: M. Rameshon, our reigning record holder in the marathon, and Desmond Koh, who represented us in swimming in three Olympics.

      IVU World Vegfest won't be in Asia again till the end of this decade! To register and for more information, please contact our Malaysian friends via the event website: http://mvs.my/2013.