Guided Nature Walk into MacRitchie's Rainforest - Sun 2 Jun 2013

(513)
  • Vegetarian Society (Singapore)
    May 15, 2013 Expand Messages
      Guided Nature Walk into MacRitchie's Rainforest

      Guided Nature Walk into MacRitchie's Rainforest

      Join us for a morning stroll into MacRitchie's Rainforest!

      Meeting Point:

      Venus Drive carpark
      Off Upper Thomson Road
      (Click here for a map)

      Date & time:

      Sun 2 June 2013, 8.30 am – 11.00 am

      Cost:

      Free

      Limited to 20 persons

      Our nature guide, Andrew Tay, will lead us along winding dirt paths into the rainforest. We may spot wildlife scurrying out for a drink, or a dip, as we trek along the forest stream. There's also a diversity of gem-like dragonflies, damselflies and other aquatic bugs.

      There was a village here in the past, where now tall trees stand. Some of the fruit trees are still around, such as Jackfruit and Durian. This lovely portion of MacRitchie's rainforest is part of an area within our Central Catchment Nature Area that may become developed in the near future, as had been suggested in the government's recently released plans.

      Registration

      Click here to register. Please state your name and contact number.

      This is a free event, but our guide can only lead a group of 20 participants. Others are of course free to follow along.

      Bring appropriate footwear and drinking water. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, 2nd June!

      Join VSS and enjoy great discounts on all our events, plus many other benefits!