Fw: [Editura For You Newsletter] Mai sunt trei zile pentru a salva remediile naturiste, ayurveda, orientale.

  • Viorela Tatulescu
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2011

      Subject: Fw: [Editura For You Newsletter] Mai sunt trei zile pentru a salva remediile naturiste, ayurveda, orientale.

      --- On Mon, 5/2/11, editura for you <foryou@...> wrote:

      Mai sunt trei zile pentru a salva remediile naturiste, ayurveda, orientale.

      Va rog frumos trimiteti la randul vostru acest link la cat mai multe persoane pentru a apuca sa semneze.
      Ne intereseaza pe toti subiectul acestei petitii si este mare nevoie de o masa critica de semnaturi.

      VA MULTUMESC
      Cristina Brinzei

      In dreptunghiul din stanga, jos apare SIGN THE PETITION. Daca apasati, puteti sa va completati numele, tara si adresa de mail. Imi pare rau, dar nu am timp sa traduc tot textul. Ideea este ca vor sa opreasca vanzarea plantelor medicinale, pentru ca cei care produc medicamente de sinteza sa-si poata vinde marfa. Toate tarile iau masuri in consecinta. Din cate am citit, nu se paote aplica imediat, pentru ca decizia va fi contestata la diferite curti de justitie, asa ca mai dureaza. Pana in clipa in care scriu acest mail, sunt peste 500.000 care au semnat si apar nume noi in fiecare jumatate de secunda. E bine daca se fac un milion de semnaturi.
      Cu drag, Monica

      Dear friends,

      In 3 days, a new EU directive will ban much of herbal medicine, denying us safe remedies and feeding the profits of big pharma. Let's raise a massive outcry to push the Commission to fix the Directive, and our national governments to refuse to implement it. Let's get to 1 million voices to save herbal medicine:
      In 3 days, the EU will ban much of herbal medicine, pressing more of us to take pharmaceutical drugs that drive the profits of big Pharma.

      The EU Directive erects high barriers to any herbal remedy that hasn't been on the market for 30 years -- including virtually all Chinese, Ayurvedic, and African traditional medicine. It's a draconian move that helps drug companies and ignores thousands of years of medical knowledge.

      We need a massive outcry against this. Together, our voices can press the EU Commission to fix the directive, push our national governments to refuse to implement it, and give legitimacy to a legal case before the courts. Sign below, forward this email to everyone, and let's get to 1 million voices to save herbal medicine:

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_herbal_medicine_ban/?cl=1042269796&v=8982

      It's hard to believe, but if a child is sick, and there is a safe and natural herbal remedy for that illness, it may be impossible to find that remedy.

      On May 1st the Directive will create major barriers to manufactured herbal remedies, requiring enormous costs, years of effort, and endless expert processes to get each and every product approved. Pharmaceutical companies have the resources to jump through these hoops but hundreds of small- and medium-sized herbal medicine businesses, across Europe and worldwide, will go bust.

      We can stop this. The directive has been passed in the shadows of the bureaucracy, and it cannot stand under the light of democratic scrutiny. The EU Commission can withdraw or amend it, and a court case is currently challenging it to do so. If European citizens everywhere come together now, it will give legitimacy to the legal case, and add to growing pressure on the Commission. Sign below, and forward this email to everyone:

      http://www.avaaz.org/en/eu_herbal_medicine_ban/?cl=1042269796&v=8982

      There are arguments for better regulation of natural medicine, but this draconian directive harms the ability of Europeans to make safe and healthy choices. Let's stand up for our health, and our right to choose safe herbal medicine.

      With hope and determination,

      Ricken, Iain, Giulia, Benjamin, Alex, Alice, Pascal, Luis and the rest of the Avaaz team.

      SOURCES:

      EU herbal medicines law set for legal challenge:
      http://www.euractiv.com/en/health/eu-herbal-medicines-law-set-legal-challenge-news-503563

      European Union directive to ban natural remedies in favor of pharmaceuticals:
      http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/8826364-european-union-directive-to-ban-natural-remedies-in-favor-of-pharmaceuticals

      Traditional Chinese medicine firms may face delisting in EU market:
      http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90776/90883/7343301.html

      EU crackdown on herbal 'remedies':
      http://www.independent.ie/national-news/eu-crackdown-on-herbal-remedies-2628345.html

      Support the Avaaz community! We're entirely funded by donations and receive no money from governments or corporations. Our dedicated team ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way -- donate here.

      Avaaz.org is an 8-million-person global campaign network
      that works to ensure that the views and values of the world's people shape global decision-making. ("Avaaz" means "voice" or "song" in many languages.) Avaaz members live in every nation of the world; our team is spread across 13 countries on 4 continents and operates in 14 languages. Learn about some of Avaaz's biggest campaigns here, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

      To contact Avaaz, please do not reply to this email. Instead, write to us at www.avaaz.org/en/contact or call us at +1-888-922-8229 (US).