Re: Bee pollen extraction is or isn't harmful to a bee?

  • tofuschmofu
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2010
      It's not vegan. Here's a quote for you followed by the link: "Bee pollen is pollen collected by bees in sacs on their legs. It also contains some nectar and bee saliva. It is popular because humans cannot collect such a wide variety of pollen."

      http://www.vegetus.org/honey/honey.htm

      I can't find the article anymore, but the Vegan Society used to have a detailed article about bee pollen. Their advice was that if you really wanted to consume pollen to look for flower pollen since that is collected directly from flowers instead of stripping it off bees.