Re: [veganbodybuilding] protein

  • Vegan Bodybuilding
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 28 2:39 AM
      Hi Mitch,
      I've not put everything about protein into one place. I have just finished
      my clinical nutrition course, but this week I started a 'fitness therapist'
      course, so until the end of June I'm pretty booked up again (got to read &
      reference a whole load of corrective exercise stuff, do the work etc). If
      there are any specific questions you have like soya & phyto-oestrogens & why
      you should probably be more worried about dairy if you believe oestrogen is
      an issue then I can reference some pretty scary studies about oestrogen in
      dairy (crazy amounts in modern milk - that's all milk, grass fed as well due
      to selective breeding & constant impregnation), you can find some choices of
      protein powders on the supplement pages
      http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/supps.htm I've found that basically you
      need more protein per pound if you are after hypertrophy compared to say
      strength increases (purely anecdotal that one). Between about1-2g per kilo
      is a good average, although some can go higher or lower without any negative
      effects (varies from person to person). You tend to need the higher % if
      you diet.
      I wrote a basic nutrition plan in PDF format it's
      http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/guides/Vegan%20strength%20Nutrition2.pdf -
      in word format it's
      http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/guides/Vegan%20strength%20Nutrition2.docyou
      might find something in that you can 'harvest' for a guide. Basically
      the guidelines for protein are covered in that.
      I'd be interested in what you produce when it's finished as well.
      If you need anything specific just let me know.

      Pete Ryan www.veganbodybuilding.org