Haven't posted in a while...so

  • Vegan Bodybuilding
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12 7:59 AM
      I thought I'd update everyone on what's happening - we've got a major
      new sponsor for our contests http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/ who
      will offer gift certificates & exercise equipment as prizes, so that
      is pretty good news for those of you entering the contests we run (the
      Animal Aid Christmas Without Cruelty push-up contest is booked, so get
      practising for that one!).
      I have got some plans for VBB, but they've been on hold while I finish
      this clinical nutrition course - I'm not sure if I'll pass or not, the
      info they were using was kind of 1980's (1990's at the latest).
      Problem is I get kind of anal about stuff like out of date info &
      spent a lot of time correcting stuff they wanted you to write, finding
      references with latest info etc...so it depends on how they receive
      those answers, either they'll think "Oh look he's done some research",
      or they'll think "That's not the answer in this 1980's book on
      nutrition". I'll give you a quick example with possible issues with
      cooked foods they didn't even mention HCAs, AGEs, PAHs or Acrylamides
      as potential issues! So well see how I do in that!
      After that I got a shock when I found out this weekend my personal
      training certification comes up for renewal this year (I thought it
      was next year!), so I have to get straight on & do some education in
      the training field to get enough credits to renew! I had planned to
      finish this course, then take a few months updating the VBB site &
      starting a few new VBB projects that have been on hold while I finish
      this, then work on getting the credits to renew my cert in
      Autumn...but there you go, no time now, so I had a look about &
      decided to get qualified in 'fitness therapy' - a fitness therapist
      works with people with medical conditions such as arthritis or someone
      who is well enough to have left a physical therapist, but may not
      quite feel ready for an ordinary personal trainer - it sounds like it
      might be quite interesting so I thought I'd give that a go, get my
      credits & maybe learn something new. I have worked with a few people
      with issues before, but I pretty certain taking this will broaden my
      knowledge a bit. Anyway, I've just this minute paid for that one, so
      let's hope it's good.
      Having to get this new course done does mean my plans for sorting out
      the new stuff for VBB will have to be put on hold for the time being
      (again sorry!), but hopefully later this year I'll find some time to
      update the stuff & get some of the new ideas up & running (assuming
      nothing else appears out of nowhere!).

      Anyway, just thought I'd keep you all up to date with what's going on.
      If you live in the UK check out http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/
      if you're after gym equipment or exercise related stuff (& let them
      know we put you onto them) as it's good of them to help us out with
      prizes.

      Hope everyone is training a bit more than me the last few weeks (yep,
      I've had to abbreviate severely to get everything done..but should be
      back up to speed by next week, so if you've been slacking take this as
      a sign you should be getting back to it as well!).
      Speak later,

      Pete Ryan www.veganbodybuilding.org
    • Pat Reeves
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 12 8:16 AM
        Hi Pete!
        Hey - l gave you a good grounding - you will pass with flying colours - go
        for it!
        A lot of my gym equipment is from this Company - they are excellent - you
        can 'barter' with them also!
        Nutrition, as you well know, changes in spades - therefore whatever you
        learn today will likely change within 0-5 years: One of the reasons CPD is
        vital.
        I was in London last Saturday (seven hours to return home owing to crisis at
        Euston station!) listening to Steve Meyerowitz - really basic information,
        like living foods does NOT change, fortunately! Fresh-Network just ran an
        article on me, they sponsored this event.
        l finally made an inroad into 'Muscle and Fitness' magazine - pretty
        surprised they entertained a non-drug user!!
        l returned to practice today and I'm up for physio assessment tomorrow
        morning - plus a post-op follow-up on 20th - should know more then if
        surgery was 'successful'.
        Love to both, Pat.

        --
        Pat Reeves, Practitioner of Nutritional and Functional Medicine.
        For latest info on living foods and courses, please view my website