Re: [veganbodybuilding] Slacking

  • John Machin !!
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2006
      My understanding is that you can safely refrain from training for seven days before gains begin to break down. In fact, many programmes recommend a complete week's break every couple of months.
      The loss of weight, therefore, is unlikely to be loss of muscle. Some of it may be fat loss, if you're eating less; some may be fluid loss, because, without training, I imagine you'll be drinking less, too.
      I suspect, though, the differential in weight is due to normal fluctuations in body weight during a period of time.
      Measuring body weight's a pretty unreliable guide, unless you look at a series of weights taken at the same time at regular intervals, and average them.
      Far better to have your body fat measured by one of those amazing multi-functional watches which display your heart rate, state of fitness, lean muscle mass, core temperature, how much ear wax you've got, whether you need to blow your nose, etc, etc.

      tikismate <tikismate@...> wrote:
      Hello all,
      I hit exam time, and therefore i was unable to do my 5 days a week at
      the gym or use a computer.
      I have lost 5 pounds, could i lose this much muscle that fast, or is
      it more likely loss of fat?
      i havent been to the gym in 2 weeks, any thoughts?
      I am starting back up tommorow.
      -tikimate-