Why is human life so miserable ? What should I do?

  • Ravishankar Gopal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2007
      Dear Members,

      Question

      Why is human life so miserable? I don't desire any
      comfort, but even the basic things needed for life
      seem to be going out of my hand. What should I do?

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      When one participates in a motor race or wants to
      become a solider, he very well understands the risk
      involved in the job.

      Renouncing everything in life and becoming a monk is
      very easy. But those who take to family life are
      really courageous and are ready to face the challenges
      in life. In that sense, they are great.

      There will be ups and downs in the family life. One
      sails over the times of merry and joy very easily. It
      is a seemingly pleasurable experience. However, when
      it comes to the times of sadness, we are not able to
      take it with as much ease as we do in times of joy.
      That is the nature of the mind.

      How do we face the times of sorrow with the same
      courage and boldness? There is only one way out.
      Surrender to the Almighty. Invoke his grace to give us
      the power to face the times of trouble.

      The easiest way to invoke God's grace is by chanting
      His Name. The most important aspect here is faith.
      With sincerity, steadfast faith and devotion, if the
      Maha Mantra is chanted every day, then in due course
      of time, one can visibly see that the sorrows will
      automatically vanish and you will be able to look at
      the world from a level-headed perspective.

      So, have steadfast faith in the Nama you chant - the
      Maha Mantra. It will do away with your personal and
      family miseries. The Lord, through the Maha Mantra
      will then take care of your family life. What more?
      All your wishes will be fulfilled, and if you do it
      regularly over a long time, you can definitely see God
      face-to-face.

      Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :

      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

      Regards
      If you have any questions or doubts concerning
      Spirituality, Mental peace or problems in life or
      about dharma, please write to us by clicking here:
      http://www.namadwaar.org/answers/askquestion.php
      His Holiness Sri Sri Swamiji personally answers these
      questions for you and suggests prayers.

      Make Yahoo! your homepage.
      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs