Actual dates of the life time of Lord Rama

  • bhatnagar_pushkar
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2007
      Dear Friends

      Namaskar

      My name is Pushkar Bhatnagar, a resident of New Delhi.

      I would like to share a few factual details about the life of Lord
      Rama through this mail. In case you are interested in knowing about
      the actual dates of the happening of various events during the life
      time of Lord Rama - please continue to read.

      I have found the precise dates of happening of various events during
      the lifetime of Lord Ram from his birth to the age of 39 years when
      he returned to Ayodhya from 14 year's exile.
      Maharishi Valmiki, who wrote Ramayana, was contemporary of Lord Ram.
      While narrating the events of lifetime of Lord Ram, Valmiki has
      incidentally mentioned the position of planets in the sky at
      different places. For instance, the position of all the planets
      (visible with unaided eye) has been mentioned for the date of birth
      of Lord Ram. Later, while mentioning that Lord Ram was sent to exile
      for 14 years on his 25th birthday, the position of planets in the
      sky has been mentioned again for that day. Moving forward, it has
      been stated that on the amavasya (no moon day) of the 10th month of
      the 13th year of his exile he fought a battle with Khar and Dushan
      and on that day a solar eclipse was seen from Panchwati. Not only a
      solar eclipse occurred but the planets were arranged in the sky in a
      particular manner. Going ahead, he mentions that six months later
      when Ram killed Bali on the Amavasya of Ashad of the 14th year of
      exile, another solar eclipse was visible in the morning sky and
      after five months when Hanuman went to meet Sita at Lanka, a lunar
      eclipse was witnessed in the evening. Besides these several other
      planetary positions have also been mentioned at different other
      places.
      It is important to know that planetary positions keep changing every
      day in the sky and they do not repeat for Lakhs of years!! Moreover,
      if we know the position of all the planets in the sky, then they
      refer to one and only one date in history.
      The effort to provide dates to the planetary positions mentioned in
      Ramayana and other vedic literature began with legendary Bal
      Gangadhar Tilak in his well known book 'Orion'. However, the efforts
      made so far were based on manual computations. Since one revolution
      of these planets is completed in a highly complex fractional number,
      it is difficult to arrive at the accurate day and time in history.
      But in late 90s many software were developed to track the position
      of planets in the sky and with these software, planets' position at
      any given point of time in the sky can be known.
      By using a powerful planetarium software, I found that the planetary
      positions mentioned in Ramayana for the date of birth of Lord Ram
      had occurred in the sky at around 12.30 p.m. of 10th January 5114
      BC. It was the ninth day of the Shukla Paksh of Chaitra month too.
      Moving forward, after 25 years of the birth of Lord Ram, the
      position of planets in the sky tallies with their description in
      Ramayana. Again, on the amavasya of the 10th month of the 13th year
      of exile the solar eclipse had indeed occurred and the particular
      arrangement of planets in the sky was visible. ( Date comes to 7th
      October 5077 BC). Even the occurrence of subsequent two eclipses
      also tally with the respective description in Valmiki Ramayan. (Date
      of Hanuman's meeting Sita at Lanka was 12th September 5076 BC). In
      this manner the entire sequence of the planetary positions gets
      verified and all the dates can be precisely determined.
      The entire dating has been conducted objectively because the
      software does not permit any manipulation and the verses of Ramayana
      are also free of any doubts. Leading scientists and those in this
      field have appreciated this work. Since the entire sequence tallies,
      it proves that all the observations in the Ramayana were actual
      recordings and not conjectures.
      I am sure you would have questions on the subject. I shall be glad
      to answer the same.
      My e mail addresses are

      bhatnagar_pushkar@...
      Pushkarbhatnagar@...

      Regards
      Pushkar Bhatnagar
    • Ajay Sachdeva
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
        Very interesting. You must have worked really hard to get those figures.

        But when did Kaliyuga begin or in other words, when did Dwapar yuga end and how long was it?

        Most of the celestial events are found to be cyclic and recur after a few years or a few hundred years or a few thousand years or who knows, even a few million years. But why waste time going back millions of years, man was hanging around on trees those days waiting for favourable circumstances to put it's feet on the ground :)

        Best regards

        Ajay Sachdeva

        bhatnagar_pushkar <bhatnagar_pushkar@...> wrote:
[...]

        bhatnagar_pushkar@ yahoo.com
        Pushkarbhatnagar@ hotmail.com

        Regards
        Pushkar Bhatnagar

        We are not Human-Beings having a spiritual experience,
        but we are Spiritual-Beings having a human experience.

        Chat on a cool, new interface. No download required. Click here.