Spiritual Practice and Its Prominence - Part 10 by Sri Sri Muralidhara swamiji

  • Ravishankar Gopal
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2013
      Radhe Krishna All,

      Contd...

      What I generally find is that people do not have patience. They take to their sadhana in full vigor and practise for some time. They soon begin to feel dejected and stop their sadhana.

      When they take it up again they have to start all over again. When we dig a well we first strike only at stones. To find water one has to go deep in. Instead if we stop at a certain level, out of despair, we shall have to start all over again. Is this not sheer waste of time?

      With steady digging one reaches the waterbed. Likewise, Sadhana should be steady. It will seem difficult in the initial stage but becomes easy as time passes. Be cheerful. Do not at any point of time feel lost or desperate. One should exercise patience. Do incessant Nama Japa. You will get experiences. These experiences are only to encourage you in the path and are not final.

      During his spiritual practise Papa Ramadas had vision of Jesus Christ. Janaki Mata had a vision of huge jothi(Light) in Sri Sailam. She wondered how could a small linga answer the prayers of devotees and went to Sri Sailam to have darshan of the linga of Mallikarjuna.

      What she saw there was a huge column of jothi! On her visit to Tiruvannamalai, none less than Lord Muruga Himself took Andavan Pitchai round the temple. Lord Muruga appeared before her in her house in Chennai and threw peacock feathers all around the room floor. Goddess Karpagamabal gave her darshan in Mylapore, Chennai.

      Lord Muruga Himself taught and guided Thiruvalam Swamigal in his sadhanas.

      !!! Will continue !!!

      Regards & Chant the Maha Mantra:
      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

      Pl visit: http://www.namadwaar.org/home.php