Spiritual Practice and Its Prominence - Part 4 by Sri Sri Muralidhara swamiji

  • Ravishankar Gopal
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2012
      Radhe Krishna All,

      Contd...

      Chandrasekhara Bharati used to say that this Kali Yuga is the Yuga of the wicked. Still in its infancy, it is only going to worsen. We do not know if in our next birth there will be a Satsang of this sort. Even if it did, we are not sure if we will be able to secure it.

      Is this not true? We find wars being waged everywhere. Dropping bombs has become an everyday affair. Such a situation prevails all over the world. So, even if there be Satsang we may not be able to go over to attend if such a situation existed. Therefore, one should always realize that 'now' is the time. Choose any path and strive hard. Do anything but attain Lord that is the end purpose.

      The sky exists and is also non-existent! We speak of time. Does time really exist? It is only to carry on our worldly duties we follow some time. Thus, time is existent and non-existent. Jiddu Krishnamurti has said, 'Truth is a pathless land.'

      There are some spiritual institutions where the inmates have failed to make use of the spiritual atmosphere there. The head of the institution may be a great Sage but if you do not have the inclination to make the best use of it what can the Swamiji do? Once you have given up everything - your family, your job - and come to the ashram you must be able to do minimum of 8 hours sadhana everyday. Initially it need not be done at a stretch.

      3 to 5 in the morning is best suited for dhyana. You may do for another two hours from 10 to 12; from 5 to 7 p.m and again another two hours in the night. Gradually you will be able to do it at a stretch.

      Vedanta is the basis for everything. Bhakti should also be done with Vedanta as the base. But one should understand it properly before proceeding in the path. I find many who have taken to this path without proper understanding. I find them applying Vedanta only in abstaining themselves from performing the routine karmas ('nitya karmas') as ordained by the Shastras but not in their bodily/beauty care or other worldly pursuits! Ignorant as they are, if questioned they shoot back, "Is not everything Brahman? So why perform all these karmas?" This is a very dangerous situation. This will only lead them to hell.

      One is answerable to all his actions/inaction's in Paraloka - the World you reach after death.

      In Ramayana we find Rama moaning about the situation that he had been pushed to. Hearing this, Lakshmana says, "Brother! Why don't we go back to the Kingdom? You seem so upset!" But Rama says, “It is only two things that I fear -'To move away from dharma and Paraloka'. Till the final stage of Self-realisation is reached the world is seen and experienced by us. Is it not so? As long as the world exists for us, heaven, hell, papa (bad merits) and punya (good merits) do exist. It is only for those who have attained the highest state of Oneness with Lord such lokas/things do not exist. Therefore, if you do not conduct your life properly you have to face the repercussions. Thus, if you choose to do 'atma vichara'(self enquiry)learn the proper way and practise it regularly.

      !!! Will continue !!!

                              Jan 1st 2013: Mass Prayer with Mahamantra Kirtan

      The Mass Prayer with Mahamantra Kirtan on January 1st, 2013 will be held at Vellore between 5.30 pm -8:00 pm.

      Venue: DKM Ladies College, Sainathapuram, Vellore
      . All are welcome

      Regards & Chant the Maha Mantra:
      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

      Pl visit: http://www.namadwaar.org/home.php