Devotion to Guru (Bhakti) - Part 2 By Sri Sri Muralidhara swamiji

  • Ravishankar Gopal
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 12, 2012
      Radhe Krishna All,

      Contd....

      Kabir says, If Guru and Lord were to appear before me, I would ignore Lord and prostrate to my Guru.

      Why does he say so?

      He explains, when I was filled with the filth of the vices of my mind it was my Guru who took me unto Himself and cleansed me. Lord did not turn to my side at all. It is only after I have been purified by the contact with my Guru that Bhagavan turns to me. Lord appears only to one who is pure, bereft of kama (Desire), koba (Anger), etc.

      Guru is like the mother who carries the child in her womb for nine months. She avoids food that would affect the health of the infant in the womb. Though in discomfiture she lays down in a way that might not hurt the infant within. She undergoes inexplicable pain during labour. After birth it is the mother who cleans the baby when it dirties the bed. When the baby cries she carries it on her shoulder all night, trying to soothe.She feeds the child with her milk. She spends sleepless nights when the baby falls ill.

      The father is akin to Lord. He does not carry the child in the womb. He does not suffer any labour pain. He does not take care of the child day and night. But, when the child has grown into a respectable adult he walks on the street with his hand on the shoulder of his son. To a friend that he meets he introduces his son proudly, ‘this is my son. He holds high office in the United States!’

      !!! Will Continue !!!
      ---------------------------------

      Sri Ramanujam's USA Satsang tour (Disciple of H.H. Sri Muralidhara swamiji)

      Sri Ramanujamji will be travelling to the United States of America on a satsang tour from October to December this year. He will be visiting 15 cities during this period and performing satsangs.

      The October 2012 Schedule is as follows

      NY / NJ Programs all in English

      Oct 13 – 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM at Sri Ranganatha Temple, Pomona, NY

      Oct 14 – 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM at Sri Krishna Vrundavan, Edison NJ
      Oct 14 – 5:00 to 7:00 at Sri Guruvayoorappan Temple, NJ
      Oct 16th – 6:45 to 8:30 Satsang at Yorktown Heights, NY.

      for more details pl contact: mramanuj@...
      Regards & Chant the Maha Mantra:
      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

      Pl visit: http://www.namadwaar.org/home.php