Question:Who are truly Sri Ramakrishna, Saradha Devi and Swami Vivekananda? Are they incarnations of God?...& Many more...37

  • Ravishankar Gopal
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      Radhe Krishna All,

      Sitting behind closed doors doing dhyana (meditation)or doing puja (worship)to the Lord or solitude do not give the joy that I experience when I mix and be with people.

      But what kind of people do I like to be with?

      Verily the Bhaktas (devotees): people who chant the 'Nama' (Divine Names of the Lord). All those who chant the 'Nama' are my people.

      In truth, all the people of the world are verily 'my people' because though, today, only a few of us are chanting the 'Nama', all the people of the world are going to chant the Lord's Name in the days to come. Therefore, all those who chant the 'Nama' now and all those who would chant the 'Nama' in the days to come are verily my people.

      ---- Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji
      -------------------------------
      How one should undertake a 'Upavasa' (observe Fasting)? What are the do's and don'ts while undertaking 'Upavasa'?

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      The one performing Upavasa should wake up before sunrise. He should take bath early in the morning chanting the Name of Hari. He should not shave or cut hair on that day. He should refrain from sleeping during the day. At night, he should sleep on the floor and not on comfortable cushioned beds and should refrain from any sensual pleasures. A married man should not sleep with his spouse.

      He should not consume any food from outside and that which has been partaken by someone else, and that which has not been offered to the Lord.

      He should observe silence or perform Nama Kirtan and always remain in the memory of the Lord.
      -----------------------------------
      Some people say that if we chant the Maha Mantra loud, we can benefit only 25%, if we whisper 50% benefit, but if we chant in our mind without any sound, we get 100% benefit. Yet some others do not agree with this. Please explain the correct way.

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      These conditions and percentages do not apply for the Mahamantra.
      ------------------------------------
      I want to know about my death. What is death? I want to experience my death. I want to be aware of my death.

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      As long as the life-force ('Prana') is inside your body, you are said to be alive. The moment that the Prana leaves your body to take another body is called death.

      The death of the body is not the real death. Even in medical science, it has been proved that real death is not the death of the body, but the death of the mind.

      From a spirituality perspective, real death is when you realize God, or realize the Self within you. That is because, it is only after then that you are not born anymore. Hence that is the real death.
      ---------------------------------
      If Mahamantra can give us everything, then is it necessary to recite other slokas (hymns)?

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      If you have such a strong conviction and faith in the Mahamantra, then the rest are not necessary.
      -------------------------------
      I am drawn to the higher spiritual side of myself, but find it difficult to identify my life purpose. I seem to be searching and seeking, yet I know not what I search for! I am confused. Please help me if possible.

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      From the smallest of creations to the highest, each creature in this Universe seems to have its own purpose. On the same lines, it might seem that, as men and women, we have a different purpose in life too. But it is important to understand what the true purpose is.

      The true purpose of our existence is to realize God in ourselves. No other purpose is equal to or more significant than this.
      ---------------------------------
      In the present days every one speaks about Vastu shastra (Science of Construction)
      & its effects on our daily routine. Does it really play a role in our life or it is just a belief? Please advice.

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      Vasthu Shastra is a very complex and profound science. Nowadays it is hard to find a scholar with the full knowledge of this science.
      ----------------------------------
      Who are truly Sri Ramakrishna, Saradha Devi and Swami Vivekananda? Are they incarnations of God?

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      Sri Ramakrishna is considered as the avatar of Lord Vishnu and Saradha Devi as Mahalakshmi. Vivekananda is said to be a rishi from the Sapta Rishi Mandala.
      -----------------------------------
      In the book Jnana Yoga, Swami Vivekananda says that every thing that has a shape is a part of Maya. Then what about Gods? Are their shapes (idols) mere Maya or did the supreme lord Vishnu takes His shape by his power of Maya?

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      The answer for your question is in the book itself.

      Go through the book completely - once, twice and many more times, until you find the answer.
      ---------------------------------
      Why is Lord Siva worshipped as Linga alone and not in the form of a Murthi?

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      'Linga' means 'Laya'. Shiva is always in 'Laya'. Hence He is worshipped in the form of Linga. Moreover, according to the Shastras (Scriptures), Lord Shiva does not incarnate. That is another reason why He is worshipped as a Linga.
      ------------------------------
      Listening to Raasa Lila from Bhagavatam is a cure for lust. Similarly which part of Bhagavatam should be listened/read for cure from anger, greed and jealousy?

      Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji:

      The entire Bhagavatam. Read it fully. It is good for you.
      -------------------------------

      Kaaka Kaaka Guru Arul kakka (Protect Protect! Let Guru's Grace Protect)

      This You Tube video is from the on Going Vijay TV discourse telecasted daily
      in between 6.20AM to 6.45AM daily. Pl watch and enjoy the bliss.....

      http://youtu.be/2FO7O9ljnhc - Part 8

      http://youtu.be/Fe7IonXcrH0 - Part-9
      Regards & Chant the Maha Mantra:
      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
      Pl visit: http://www.namadwaar.org/home.php