Fw: [temple_cleaners] Fwd: IMPORTANT FLASH NEWS FROM TAMIL NADU

  • Venkata krishnan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2010
      B.C.VENKATAKRISHNAN.
      website: www.vedascience.com

      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: saurabh saxena <now_saurabh@...>
      To: temple_cleaners@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 7:44:31 PM
      Subject: Re: [temple_cleaners] Fwd: IMPORTANT FLASH NEWS FROM TAMIL NADU

      Hi,
      With due respect to you sir, I strongly object to such kind of mails. These people do not deserve any appreciation as this whole thing is cannot be termed as honest move on any ground. I accept that Tipu did have destroyed the temple, however it does not mean that we need to take revenge on all such properties or similar things. India has so many temples and so many pilgrimage places, are you able to keep those safe now? So many scandals arising everyday from our own Hindu brothers who are installed as caretaker of the shrine. The latest one is Tirumala Tirupati scandal where the trustees are accused of many wrong practices. I would appreciate a person who will stand against such malpractices not like a coward going in the night and trying to get attention. What BJP/VHP did can never be appreciated on any grounds of Hindu religion. Being a Hindu and also proud to be a Hindu, I strongly object such kind of cowardice acts.
      This is my opinion, I have no intention to hurt anyone.
      Regards,
      Saurabh Saxena

      From: HARAN BR <haran.br@gmail.com>
      Date: Sep 14, 2010 3:35 PM
      Subject: IMPORTANT FLASH NEWS FROM TAMIL NADU

      FLASH NEWS (FROM MEDIA REPORTS IN TAMIL NADU)

      14 September 2010.

      Chennai

      Arjun Sampath, President of Hindu Makkal Katchi, and his team of cadres have secretly installed the Murthy of Devi Abirami inside the sanctum sanctorum of the temple atop the Padmagiri Temple, Dindukkal, Tamil Nadu, last night.

      When the temple was attacked by Tippu Sultan some two hundred years ago, the presiding deities (Sri Padmagiriswarar and Devi Abirami) were safely brought down and installed in another temple by name Sri Kalahastheeswarar Temple, which remains as the only temple with two Moolavars since then.

      Sri Arjun Sampath had organized to sculpt a new set of Murthys at Thirumurugan Poondi, near Coimbatore. He and his cadres observed “Vrat” for 42 days and took the new set of Murthys atop the hillock overnight and installed them inside the sanctum sanctorum and performed poojas.

      The TN Government, shell shocked by the sudden development, has posted police forces near the hillock. It is not known whether the government would remove the deities or leave it as it is. The reaction from the local Muslims is yet to come. They used to call the hillock as “Tippu Sultan Fort”.

      The hillock and the temple are under the control of Archaeological Survey of India.

      Arjun Sampath and his team deserve our appreciation and gratitude for this meticulous job. May Devi Abirami Bless us all!

      Namaskarams

      Haran.

      PS: A similar thing was executed by VHP/Hindu Munnani in the early eighties at Sri Jalakandeswarar Temple, Vellore (controlled by ASI). The then MGR government didn’t bother to remove the deities and ASI also permitted regular worships.