Sri Mahaperiyavaal Jayanti at Swamiji's Ashram in Madhurapuri Ashram

  • Ravishankar Gopal
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2010
      Radhe Krishna To all,

      In continuation to our last mail on the Jayanthi of our Great Maha Swamiji - Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswati Mahaswamiji (fondly called Mahaperiyavaa) . We would like to share the Jayanthi's celebration from our Swamiji's Madhurapuri Ashram.

      I am sure all will enjoy the report and the photograph and earn the grace of Maha Periyava.....
      Quoting our Sri Swamiji, "Each type of soil is good for and produces a certain kind of crop. And, our Indian soil is good for and has , since time immemorial,been producing sages!"

      One such great soul , of recent times, was Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Swami of the renowned Sri Kanchi kamokoti mutt. Endearingly addressed as ' Mahaperiyava' he came to occupy the illustrious mutt throne even as a teenager.The Vedas, which is the very foundation of our Sanathana Dharma, was at this point of time on the decline. It was Mahaperiyava who revived the Vedas for the welfare of the world at large.

      Known as "The Walking God", his love and compassion embraced people of all faiths. Westerners and the orients, rich and poor , men and women, scholars and illiterates, theists and atheist flocked to his Divine presence. Sri Swamiji celebrated, with great eclat, the birth anniversary of Mahaperiyava on 28th May 2010, at Madhurapuri ashram. As per the Indian calendar it was Vaikaasi Anusham - Vaikaasi the month and Anusham the birth star of the Sage.

      Padhuka (the holy sandals) is verily the representation of the Mahan himself. Padhuka abhishekha was performed with SriRudram 11times, Chamakam Padha parayanam,Upanishad, Durga Suktham 8 times,Sri Suktham ,Shiva Sankalpam, by Sri.Venkatarama Sarma, one of the Sr.Adhyapaks and Vedic students of our Sri Sandeepani Gurukulam. Sri Veatrama sarma was assisted by Sri.Jagadeesh Sarma, another Sr.Adhyapak. Sandal Paste was applied over the Divine Padhukas.
      his was followed by archana with Vilva,konkai,Thumbai, Vazhai, Oomatham, and Erukam flowers. Sri Rudra Trishathi, Shivashtatharam were then chanted. This was followed by the recitation of Dashinamoorthy stotra, ,Guruvashtakam, Thotakashtakam, etc. Later archana for Sri Premika Varadan Sametha MadhuriSakhi was performed.

      Seating the Padhuka on a small decorated throne Sri Swamiji carried "IT" on his head in procession. The procession started moving slowly towards Thulasi maadam at the entrance to the Ashram. The procession then proceeded to Sri Kalyana Srinivasa perumal temple. From there the Paduka moved to Sri Jaya Hanumanji temple. All the while our Veda Padasala students chanted Sri Rudram, Upanishads while Sri Pammal Balaji chanted Mahaperiyava Namavalli.

      On the return, harati was taken to 'The Paduka' at the ashram entrance. Our Veda Padasala students then chanted Chamakam kramam from ashram entrance upto Bhagavatha Bhavanam hall. Sri Swamiji swayed the divine padhukas in his hand to the rhythm of the chant. At the entrance to the Bhagavata Bhavanam harathi was taken. Inside the Bhagavata bhavanam Thevaram, Divine kirtans, Namakirtan, Sri Sankara stotras were recited. Sri Swamiji then did 'anga pradhakshan' to Holy padhuka. The Padhuka was then placed back on the silver throne. Sri Swamiji had brought in the Divine presence of Mahaperiyava on this day of his Jayanti filling the hearts of devotees with delight.

      Click here for a slideshow of the event photographs.

      My Guru as I see Him- Watch the You Tube in English.... 3rd Part

      Dr. A. Bhagyanathan, personal secretary to HH Sri Sri Muralidhara Swamiji, from time to time, has given lectures about Sri Sri Swamiji and His unique qualities that makes Him a boundless ocean of love and compassion. In this series of videos, Namadwaar presents to its viewers, excerpts from such lectures - a unique opportunity to hear
      about and remember the Sadguru - 'Madhura Smaranam'.

      Regards & Chant The Maha mantra:
      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare

      Source: http://www.namadwaar.org/home.php