Nama Article- 02-11-09:

  • Ravishankar Gopal
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2009
      Radhe Krishna To All,

      Sant Surdas

      निर्बल के बल राम

      I have heard that Rama is the help of the helpless. I can produce the evidence of those saintly people who were helped by him in their adversity. So long as the elephant relied upon his own strength, his case was hopeless, but when in his helplessness he invoked the assistance of Rama, he responded when hardly his Name was half pronounced. When Draupadi felt helpless and cried out His Name, He felt the call in his seat and God having multiplied her clothing Dushasana grew tired of hopelessly trying to strip her naked.

      Man relies on his
      i. own strength
      ii. or his austerities
      iii. or the strength of his arms
      iv. or fourthly his wealth.

      Surdas says that when a man has exhausted all his resources and invokes the Name of God, His grace descends upon him.

      सुने री मैंने निर्बल के बल राम।
      पिछली साख भरूं संतन की आड़े संवारे काम।
      जबलग गज अपनो बरत्यो नेक सरो नहिं काम।
      निर्बल ह्रै बल राम पुकार्यो आये आधे नाम।।
      द्रु पद-सुता निर्बल भई ता दिन गहलाये निज धाम।
      दु:शासन की भुजा थकित भइ वसनरूप भये श्याम।।
      अप-बल, तप-बल और बाहु-बल चौथा है बल दाम।
      सूर किशोर कृपा से सब बल हारे को हरिनाम।।

      Chant the Mahamantra Nama kirtan :
      Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
      Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
      If you have any questions or doubts concerning Spirituality, Mental peace or problems in life or about dharma, please write to us by clicking here:
      http://www.namadwaar.org/answers/askquestion.php
      His Holiness Sri Sri Swamiji personally answers these questions for you and suggests prayers.