RE: [vedic-astrology] Re: atmakaraka in Al

  • Sanjay Rath
    Message 1 of 32 , Jun 9, 2005
      Jaya Jagannatha
      Dear Aruna
      Don't you think that if the atmakaraka is in the 12th from paka lagna, you
      are consciously under-estimating yourself. Being in scorpio the arudha will
      manifest as a secretive person and one is always trying to hide his
      abilities, and that is what you did! So was it the arudha or the atmakaraka
      manifesting? When the AK will manifest then you will be able to get over
      this hiding nature of scorpio arudha and realise that *there is nothing to
      hide* because Jagannath can see everything. The AK is a state of wisdom, of
      realisation and this is called the *self-realisation* and when you knw that
      real self there is nothing much left to know except that one who is beyond
      the self.
      That is the opportunity given to those who have the arudha with the ak, the
      chance to look beyond the specs that this world puts on your eyes.
      With best wishes and warm regards,
      Sanjay Rath
      * * *
      Sri Jagannath CenterR
      15B Gangaram Hospital Road
      New Delhi 110060, India
      http://srath.com, +91-11-25717162
      * * *

    • anuraagsharma27
      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 13, 2005
        Respected Sanjay Ji,
        Pranaam.

        I've had some time to ponder the last post from you on this topic. I
        find certain crucial things clarified in my mind.

        I found that the Arudha does not merely encompass the attentions of
        the world but also of the Jatak himself. It struck me that after all
        the location of the Arudha is contingent on the location of the
        Lagnesh/ Paka Lagna.

        It also became clearer to me as to how Guru would govern the memory
        since you have taught that Guru is the Karaka of the Paka lagna. The
        Self we can see from the Lagna/ Lagnesh.

        The Arudha and its qualities, then have two observers: the world and
        the Jatak himself. I understand now that the two references are
        distinct.

        It was thought-provoking to see the term used by you in that
        post:'the hangover of the Arudha'. It is indicative of something
        that lingers even though the Arudha itself has metamorphosised.
        Later in the post you also choose to question the change in the
        Arudha after death.

        Generally speaking, some factors come to mind, though I cannot
        venture how legitimate they might be. One, Guru's location in the
        chart, since He is very good for the Arudha in general and in the
        2nd House from the AL could give an Arudha that lingers on/ even
        rises after death. Guru, as you have pointed out, is the embodiment
        of Narayana in the chart and would not be curtialed by the ceasing
        of the body to still promote the Arudha through fame.

        Another factor could be the location of the Moon with respect to the
        Arudha Lagna. An exalted Graha in the 7th from the AL is said to
        give fame. If Chandra as the Karaka of the Arudha is well disposed,
        perhaps in the 7th from the AL, or elsewhere, the social
        manifstation (AL) may continue to thrive after death.

        What secrets might linger between the Bhavas as reckoned from the
        Lagna and those as reckoned from the Arudha I suspect are not before
        us at the present moment.I do not include everyone in this 'us' and
        some may actually have these linkages.

        For example, the fact that the 3rd and 6th from the AL have been
        taught to determine renunciation is, in my amateur opinion, a
        pointer to the deep roots between the metaphysics so loaded in the
        Bhavas as counted from Lagna, and the sheer precipitate of the
        Arudha. The Arudha may be Mayik but I do not think renunciation
        would be seen from the AL unless there were deeper links between
        that which rises and that which makes it rise. Else, from untruth
        emerges the methodology to determine true shunning of the gloss of
        the world? Unlikely.

        I am grateful for your elaboration on the matter.

        Anurag.

        wrote:

        > Jaya Jagannatha
        > Dear Anurag
        > Illusion is not something that is just centric to the individual.
        It is an
        > image and will be seen differently b different people based on
        their own
        > perception of the image. The way you look at Bill Clinton shall be
        different
        > than the way I see him or the way Hillary Clinton sees him, so it
        is centric
        > from various view points. Yet it is an image and this image is a
        more than
        > life figure as the President of the USA. This image is the arudha
        and he
        > rode this image for some time and then the nature of the arudha
        changed, yet
        > the hangover of the arudha continues. It is more like a flavor
        that is based
        > on retained memory. Now we all know (retained memory) that he was
        the
        > president. He also knows this. What happens to one like President
        Reagan who
        > loses the memory that he was President. What effect does this have
        on the
        > arudha? Does it cause the arudha to change from (1) his
        perspective and (2)
        > from the worlds perspective. So you see the arudha is important
        and the paka
        > lagna is also very important. If the lagnesa does not like the
        arudha for
        > some reason in the change in dasa due to anifestation of disease
        or an
        > accident etc, then the memory of the arudha maybe wiped out. Here
        the AK
        > comes into the picture and you will find the AK laying a role to
        do this
        > job...or sometimes the GURU the Bhratrkaraka as the Guru has the
        power to
        > memory. See Reagans chart.
        >
        > In Reagans chart the AK Mercury is in lagna (intelligence) with
        Mars and