Divisional Vimsottari Dasa? (Re: 10th house and 6th house: to PVR)

  • Narasimha P.V.R. Rao
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 15 10:36 PM
      Namaste Vijay ji,

      In our tradition, we use Narayana dasa in all the divisional charts. Narayana dasa is a generalization of chara dasa. We take the karyesha in rasi chart and take his place in the divisional chart to start the dasa (e.g. position in dasamsa of the 10th lord of rasi chart is used to find Narayana dasa of dasamsa).

      I have seen some people computing planetary longitudes in divisional charts and computing different Vimsottari dasas in different divisions, using the divisional longitudes. There is some basis for this. Parasara defined the exaltation and debilitation of some planets to occur in parts of signs, i.e. between certain degrees, and not in the entire sign. For example, if Mercury is in Virgo, he may or may not be exalted. He is exalted only in the first 15 degrees. But Parasara referred to planets being exalted or debilitated in divisional charts also! So case can be made that planets have longitudes in divisional charts also.

      After all, computation of some charts such as navamsa-navamsa (D-81), navamsa-dwadasamsa (D-108), dwadasamsa-dwadasamsa (D-144) is based on treating the sign occupied by a planet in a divisional chart (e.g. navamsa or dwadasamsa) as if it was a sign in rasi chart and finding further divisions in it! Thus, there is basis for treating a planet's placement in a divisional chart as if it were a placement in rasi chart and finding a longitude for it.

      If there is a divisional longitude, there can be a nakshtra too. Naturally then, there can be a Vimsottari dasa too.

      However, we have to understand what the divisional nakshatra means. The rasi chart is based on physical zodiac and it shows the physical existence. The divisional charts are not based on the physical zodiac and are abstract. Similarly, the divisional charts do not show the physical existence. They show various abstract environments which influence one's physical existence (rasi chart). The rasi position of Moon shows the physical mind. Vimsottari dasa traces its progression with time. If you are not talking about the physical mind but talking about an abstract aspect of the mind (e.g. mind as applied to professional matters), will the same progression work? What is its meaning?

      I did dabble a bit with divisional Vimsottari dasas, but I am happy using the normal rasi based Vimsottari dasa and judging the same dasa using various divisional charts.

      But for those who want to do research, I have given the ability to find Vimsottari dasa using the divisional longitude in any divisional charts in the commercial version of my software.

      BTW, I found the divisional nakshatras useful when analyzing transits using SarvatoBhadra Chakra. SBC is a fine technique for judging transits. Using the natal divisional nakshatras of planets and finding vedhas on them by transit rasi nakshatras of planets, I found very interesting results.

      For example, my Jupiter is at 9Li46. He is in the 10th house in D-24, with a subhargala on arudha lagna. In D-24, this translates to 24Pi24 in D-24 and means Revati star. When Jupiter was transiting in Revati and Moon and Mercury had vedha on Revati from Mrigasira in SBC (the two planets associated with the 5th from arudha lagna in D-24), I stood state first in my state in intermediate exams and was selected for IIT-Chennai.

      In my natal dasamsa, Moon is the only planet in the 11th from arudha lagna. He shows the earnings. He is at 28Aq33 and this translates to 15Sc30 in D-10. This means Anuradha star. When Mercury and Venus were transiting in Anuradha star in Dec 1993, I started in my first job. When Sun and Mars were in Asresha having vedha in SBC on Anuradha on 2002 Aug 12, I lost my job. The startup I was working for went into hybernation mode and laid off almost the whole engineering team. Please note that Sun and Mars are the 12th and 8th lords in natal dasamsa. Later that year, when Jupiter moved to Asresha and Venus into Visakha and both had vedha on Anuradha in SBC, I joined another job.

      May Jupiter's light shine on us,
      Narasimha
      Free Jyotish lessons (MP3):
      http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
      Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

      > Dear PVR-ji,
      >
      > Theoretically it
      is possible to have a dasa based on the vargas. For
      > instance, we could
      have a Vimshottari Dasha based on the dashamamsha,
      > which is completely
      different from the Vimshottari Dasha based on
      > rashi. Have you
      researched/do you have any suggestions for the
      > signficance/lack of
      significance for each varga dasha.

      > With best wishes,

      -Vijay

      href="mailto:JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com">JyotishGroup@yahoogroups.com, "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"
      wrote:
      > > Namaste Anil ji,
      > >
      > > There are
      three houses that are particularly important in dasamsa

    • anr75
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 16 7:12 PM
        || Hare Rama Krsna ||

        Hi Narashima,

        For example, my Jupiter is at 9Li46. He is in the 10th house in D-24,
        with a subhargala on arudha lagna. In D-24, this translates to 24Pi24
        in D-24 and means Revati star. When Jupiter was transiting in Revati
        and Moon and Mercury had vedha on Revati from Mrigasira in SBC (the
        two planets associated with the 5th from arudha lagna in D-24), I
        stood state first in my state in intermediate exams and was selected
        for IIT-Chennai.

        In my natal dasamsa, Moon is the only planet in the 11th from arudha
        lagna. He shows the earnings. He is at 28Aq33 and this translates to
        15Sc30 in D-10.

        >> How do you translate Jupiter 9Li46 in D-1 to 24Pi24 in D-24, whats
        the formula ? can you please share with us ?

        >> Same with Moon in 28Aq33 translates to 15Sc30 in D-10 ?

        Regards
        Abhijeet

        --- In vedic-astrology@yahoogroups.com, "Narasimha P.V.R. Rao"

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 16 7:43 PM
          Namaste Abhijeet,

          ?

          > >> Same with Moon in 28Aq33 translates to 15Sc30 in
          D-10 ?

          > Regards
          > Abhijeet

          A planet at 28Aq33 is in the dasamsa that starts at 27Aq00 and ends at 30Aq00. This 3 degree region in rasi chart maps to the entire Scorpio sign in dasamsa chart. So 27Aq00-30Aq00 in rasi chart is mapped to 0Sc00-30Sc00 in dasamsa chart.

          The advancement of Moon in Aquarius is 1 deg 33 min. Multiplying it with 10, we get 15 deg 30 min.

          Just to be clear, I was not recommending divisional Vimsottari dasa. I was discouraging it. But I said that there is some basis for finding divisional longitudes.

          May Jupiter's light shine on us,
          Narasimha
          Free Jyotish lessons (MP3):
          http://vedicastro.home.comcast.net
          Free Jyotish software (Windows): http://www.VedicAstrologer.org

        • Raghunatha Rao Nemani
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 16 7:58 PM
            Om Krishna Guru

            Namaste Narasimha Ji,

            1) Is it possible for you to provide the divisional Chart Planet's
            Longitude details in your next version.

            2) Also, is it possible for you to provide an option to calcualte
            the Vimsottari Dasa based on 120 years 5 days as I am finding
            that is making more sense to me, but taking more of my time
            in calculations, so could not spend more time on the analysis
            part.

            3) When is the next version available for us with the KCD.

            Regards
            Raghunatha Rao