help

  • emailsanish
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 5, 2007
      is there any way i csn write my yahoo status message in malayalam????
    • arif haneefa
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 5, 2007
        sorry dear...
        no idea.. i think yahoo messenger not supporting unicodes
        with luv
        arif

        --
        With luv
        bReeZe
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 31, 2009
          Dear all,

          I have attached a png file which shows "itakkulla" in malayalam.
          I would like to write similar in varamozhi or using google online transiliteration but with "ya" on top of "kka" in old lipi. How can i do that.?

          thanks,
          Sreejith
        • James (ജയിംസ്)
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 31, 2009
            ഇടയ്ക്കുള്ള

            I am using Remington Key Board. To write ഇടയ്ക്കുള്ള, I used the keys in the following sequence
            Tmu\dkx\x
            I don't face any difficulty to type this!

            പിടിവാശി എപ്പോഴും ശരിയല്ല കേട്ടോ!

            2009/1/31 Sreejith Kuttanikkad <sreejithpk@...>

            Dear all,

            I have attached a png file which shows "itakkulla" in malayalam.
            I would like to write similar in varamozhi or using google online transiliteration but with "ya" on top of "kka" in old lipi. How can i do that.?

            thanks,
            Sreejith

            --
            Jameskutty Thomas
            +919895720775

            http://jameskutty.info

            Assistant Electrical Inspector
            Office of the Chief Electrical Inspector
            Thiruvananthapuram-1

          • cibu cj
            Message 5 of 21 , Jan 31, 2009
              You have to use a font that supports it. Rachana is one such font. Please download and install it from from: http://chithrangal.blogspot.com/2008/05/blog-post.html
              Then write 'iTaykkuLLa' in varamozhi with AnjaliOldLipi font and copy paste that to a Notepad. Now change the font to Rachana.

              Cibu

              On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 6:49 AM, Sreejith Kuttanikkad <sreejithpk@...> wrote:

              Dear all,

              I have attached a png file which shows "itakkulla" in malayalam.
              I would like to write similar in varamozhi or using google online transiliteration but with "ya" on top of "kka" in old lipi. How can i do that.?

              thanks,
              Sreejith

              --
              varamozhi.sf.net
            • Sreejith Kuttanikkad

                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 21 10:51 PM

                  how ican download varamozhi?

                • Umesh P N
                  Message 8 of 21 , Aug 4, 2012
                    https://sites.google.com/site/cibu/  (Or search "varamozhi" in Google, click on the first result.)

                    Click on a link on the left bar to download.

                    On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 10:51 PM, Nissar <nissarnv@...> wrote:

                    how ican download varamozhi?

                    --
                    umesh.p.nair@... | ɯoɔ˙lıɐɯƃ@ɹıɐu˙d˙ɥsǝɯn
                  • Shaku Nair
                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 23, 2012
                      Hi friends
                      I have used Varamozhi Editor before, and had no problems at all!  I like this software very much!!!
                      Now I tried to install it on another computer, and I was able to install it.  But when I start the Varamozhi Editor, a small window opens (after the black window), and it just disappears!  So I dont have a window to type anything.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, but always its the same.
                      I am using Windows 7 and also Kaspersky Antivirus on this computer.
                      Can anyone tell me what the problem might be?

                      Of course, I can type online, but my only problem with typing online is that I cannot type a number followed by "aam"  for example, 5-aam theeyathi.  I was able to do that in Varamozhi Editor and thats why I need it.

                      Please help!

                      Thanks,
                      Shaku

                    • സിബു സി ജെ

                        Message 11 of 21 , Dec 5, 2012
                        Hi Cibu

                        No, I didnt post this in Aadyaakshari.  I installed an older version of Varamozhi, and it worked.  It was probably some compatibility issue, right?

                        To type things like 5-ാം , I used Notepad.  In the Varamozhi editor window, first you type the number.  Then type any malayalam letter like ka, or ra, followed by aam. Copy it all to Notepad.  I found that in Notepad you can separate the letter ('ka' or 'ga')  from the deergham '-ാം', whereas in word, you cannot.  (In word, the entire thing is one entity, like 'kaam').  Next, replace the letter with a hyphen, and you get 5-ാം!  In fact, you dont even get those little circles.  Its really neat!
                        For some reason, I am not able to type in Malayalam in gmail. So please see attached notepad.

                        Thanks,
                        Shaku

                        On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:38 PM, സിബു സി ജെ <cibucj@...> wrote:

[...]

                      • ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ)
                        Message 12 of 21 , Dec 5, 2012
                          Dear Shaku Nair,

                          For problem 2 ( 1-aam)

                          You could have been using a really pretty old version of Varamozhi with an old ASCII font (ML-TT-Karthika) earlier. Although it appears fine as 1​‍ാം (without circles) when you type  '1@aam' (or some other way) the whole text is in fact useless with the NEW Unicode Malayalam.

                          What now happened was: When you upgraded Varamozhi to new version, these old fonts are no longer there in the system. (And  you really do not need them anymore, for normal Malayalam Unicode sites.)

                          Instead, the new Varamozhi versions uses one of the Unicode fonts, (eg. AnjaliOldLipi) as default. With this, you can use the output text directly in any e-mail or other programs just by copy/paste from the Varamozhi window (right pane).

                          Unfortunately, in Unicode standards, the ​‍ ദീർഘം ​‍ാ (deergham) and അനുസാരം ം (anusaram) can not stand alone or following a number. If we force, they will show the dotted circle (meaning there is a missing letter just before the symbol).
                          Therefore, AS OF NOW, in Unicode, there is no way we can write 1​‍ാം (1aam) the way we normally use.

                          What you have been seeing earlier may have looked nice, but that text will not appear as Malayalam in another application or another computer which has no idea about ML-TT-Karthika font.

                          For problem 2 ( Varamozhi shuts down)

                          Varamozhi normally opens two windows. An error message window with red icon and a typing window with yellow icon. The first window normally goes to background (or gets minimized). It is the second window where we have to type.

                          Are you sure, the second window (yellow icon) does not appear? Are you closing the first Window by chance before the second window appears? Please let us know.

                          Please write back with your actions and observations.

                          Thanks,
                          Viswam

                          On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Shaku Nair <nair.shaku@...> wrote:
                          [Attachment(s) from Shaku Nair included below]

[...]

                          1 of 1 File(s)

                        • Shaku Nair
                          Message 13 of 21 , Dec 5, 2012
                            Dear Viswam,
                            For problem 2- You are correct, sir!  I was (and still am) using the font ML-TT-Karthika.

                            I guess there no way, as of now, to address this problem in the new Unicode Malayalam.  Please let me know if you find a solution.

                            For problem 1 -The new version (1.08.03) would not install on my computer. Yes, I tried several times, but the second (yellow icon) window never appeared.
                            However, when I installed the old version, I got both the windows.  The editor window looks different (the part where we type in English is below the part where the malayalam appears).  I have seen that in the new version, they appear side-by-side.

                            Anyway, the old version is working for me and so its fine.
                            Thank you for your interest, and I will be in touch if any problems arise.

                            Sincerely,
                            Shaku

                            On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 6:41 PM, ViswaPrabha (വിശ്വപ്രഭ) <viswaprabha@...> wrote:

[...]

                          • gafoor gafoor