      From: leighquilts <leighquilts@...>
      To: vanishingactstudygroup@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Mon, April 19, 2010 2:01:12 PM
      Subject: [vanishingactstudygroup] Re: Leigh's photo's

      Hi Jan,

      In regards to your questions .... on the leaves. That photo of two leaves was joined in the making. I used a variety of Superior threads. The difference is color is the different shades of variegated threads used in the two separate parts of the design to try to give an appearance of depth of field.

      Also ... in looking for heavy threads similar to what we questioned earlier in class ... I have found a Aurfil 12 weight that is 50% wool and 50% acrylic that I ordered and has arrived. Haven't had time to play with it. However ... in comes in a very limited color selection.
      Leigh

      --- In vanishingactstudygr oup@yahoogroups. com, "fiberonawhim" <fiberonawhim@ ...> wrote:

      > Hi Leigh,
      > Sorry I hadn't taken a look back at your photo folder in awhile....going crazy with guild lectures and prep for IQF in Chicago. Your work is absolutely lovely. I did post some comments and hopefully you will let me know the answers to a couple questions I posted. I am dying to touch the Maple leaf....absolutely wonderful.
      > Jan

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic