11Re: Thread

  • leighquilts
    Mar 11, 2010
      I understand the problem as I remember trying to find one of their metallic threads that I saw at a show and wanted more of it.

      They also carry some "wash away" stabliziers .... don't know it they are in one of the future weeks work; as I haven't opened all the kits.

      Then when I have thought more about that thread .... I decided that I want to locate some of the old number 12 pearl cotton (or some of the fine acrylic petit point thread) that I have and see how that works. It won't have the "felting" qualities of wool or acrylic; but I should be able to "hold" it in place with just a little monofilament thread. Plan to try it with my "vine."

      Leigh

      --- In vanishingactstudygroup@yahoogroups.com, Fiber on a Whim <fiberonawhim@...> wrote:

      > Leigh,
      > We are looking into the thread by Madeira.  Many of the products we carry are not available through the usual distributors, so it takes us "forever" to find them.  Madeira has many divisions and it always seems that one does not necessarily know what the others carry.  Kristin finally tracked this product down and we'll see what the samples are like and information about it.
      > Jan

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic