Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [VRC] materials Flabbercast

Expand Messages
  • Dave Hylands
    Hi Phillip, Thanks for the link. Here s a datasheet for it: http://www.liquidplasticsolutions.com/pdf/flabbercast.pdf I hadn t heard of it before, but it does
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi Phillip,
      Thanks for the link. Here's a datasheet for it:
      I hadn't heard of it before, but it does sound quite interesting.
      Dave Hylands
      Vancouver, BC, Canada
      On 12/12/06, Phillip Beynon <mail@...> wrote:

          Some months ago I brought my old Toughbook CF-25 in and showed the group the protective jelly-like material used to encase the harddrive and protect it from sudden jolts when the laptop is dropped from the 3ft it's rated to withstand.  I've recently upgraded to a new Toughbook and I decided to keep the original hunk of jelly and had it on my desk when a friend who designs props for the film industry spotted it and informed me it was made of a material called Flabbercast TM.  The elasticity of this material can be precisely controlled when mixing the A and B compounds by the addition of an amount of compound C as desired.  I believe this may be of interest as the resulting material is very grippy and could be used on MiniSumo tires.  I'm sure Dave has already heard of it or is using it but here it is just the same.

      rectangular HD protector made of Flabbercast, twisted into a figure eight.

      Local supplier http://www.hollynorth.com/product.php?productid=2623&cat=46&page=1

    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.