Vegetarian Advocacy Opportunity Coming to Sacramento!

  • Jack Norris
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 12, 2005
      On the evening of Sunday, August 21, the American Idol concert will be at ARCO arena. Many vegetarian activists across the country have been leafleting as these concerts let out because you can reach so many teenagers.

      I don't know exactly when it will let out, but the concert starts at 7 PM and my understanding is that it will let out around 9 to 10 PM. Once it does let out, there will be a huge flow of people and we will have a few minutes to hand out the pamphlets. People in Minneapolis handed out 700.

      I plan to bring Even If You Like Meat, Why Vegan, and Try Vegetarians to experiment with which ones people take the most of.

      Because there will be a huge rush of people all at once, I will need your help!!

      I thought it might be best to meet at the Natomas shopping center (on Truxell Rd at I-5) at 8:15 (near the Del Taco) and then drive together to ARCO.

      Bring a back-pack.

      Let me know if you can help out!

      Thanks,

      Jack

    • Cynthia Embree-Lavoie
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 13, 2005
        Jack - I would be happy to help.  It's rather past my bedtime, but I'm glad it is at least at a time that I don't have to worry about missing work.  I can bring a backpack, but don't have that many leaflets to hand out -- I only have a few (maybe a couple dozen) Why Vegan?.  Do you have extra literature?

        Cynthia